V. Don't Make This Weird

Chapter 5,
     Don't Make This Weird
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  " Honestly everytime you talk, I wonder how the hell you're a senior in highschool. "

~ Lorelei's POV ~

       "I'm glad you're okay Lei, I sort of missed you being around here."

   Stacy told me as she hugged me tightly, Kendra decided that we should text the group and tell them that they should hang out with us, I didn't mind it of course but I still felt a little out of place when it came to hanging out with them again.
   I hugged Stacy back and smiled into her neck, she was probably the only one other than Kendra and Connor that blew up my phone when I went ghost and just stopped being around, so she has a very special place in my heart.

   "I sort of missed you too, Stace.."

  I muttered back, I pulled away from the hug and walked over to the swing set, we were all at the park since that was a cool hang out place other than the mall, but we didn't have money for the mall right now.
   Well, we don't have any money but Connor's wallet was so full that you could see the small green sticking out of it which was quite annoying since it felt like the wallet was taunting us but he couldn't help it, he's a rich mommy's boy.

  "Do you ever think the kids of Kidz Bop regret their decision?"

    Connor asked suddenly as he was sitting on the seesaw like a little boy in the first grade all over again, I looked at Stacy who was looking at me and we shared the same weird expression.
  Sometimes I wonder how the hell this kid is even in the twelfth grade, why would anyone want this kid out of highschool? His IQ level is pretty low.

    " Honestly everytime you talk, I wonder how the hell you're a senior in highschool. "

   I spoke bluntly, Connor only rolled his eyes at me and ignored my statement, I smiled at him and took out my phone to take some photos with the crew just in case I decide to go back into hibernation.
   That sounds really stupid to say but it's true, I mean who knows when I decide to ghost everyone and just stay in bed again, it could be sooner than we all think.

    "You know what we should do on Saturday?"

  Connor asked, I looked at him with a curious look, I was actually hoping for once that he didn't bring up my house and suggest that we clean it, I wasn't ready to clean it yet.
   Not until the memories were gone, I wanted to get over the flashbacks but I knew that if that was what I wanted then I needed to clean the whole house and make sure the memories would be gone forever.

    "I was just thinking that now with Lorelei back, we should hang out on Halloween, like movie marathon or something."

   Connor explained his idea more indepth and we all agreed to it, it wasn't a bad idea either, it was us hanging out on Halloween at his house to watch a couple of good horror movies just for the hell of it, that was something I would love to do.
   Not like Connor had bad ideas anyways, he usually knows what we all likes so he includes it as well as he always makes sure to ask us if we had any ideas to spend our days or nights or weekends, he's not selfish or anything.

   That's something I will always adore from him, he seems like a douchebag but when you get to know him, he's a total sweetheart that wouldn't hand a fly unless you asked him to, Connor was also my first friend so I'm speaking from experience.
  He was the only one that batted an eye my way when I first arrived to the highschool, he showed me where my classes were located and give me a tour around town so I didn't feel lost, after that he declared me his best friend.

    I moved from Stillwater, Minnesota, so I wasn't really used to this quietness or such a tiny town but I got used to it pretty quickly, the one thing I always hated was how fast word gets around.
  There's no secrets here at all, I felt like that was an invasion of privacy and that people weren't supposed to be nosey whatsoever.

    But then again, when you're bored and someone tells you some good drama that's going on between a couple of people, you can't help but listen and add on to it, but when it's your business getting spread around, you're more annoyed than pleased.
   I only got used to it when Connor was dragging me and the rest of the group around to do some not so legal things, people will talk but you just gotta ignore them and keep on moving with your life.

   "But don't be all weird about it."

  Leo stated, I had zoned out so I didn't hear what they were talking about but I just laughed along with everyone else so they didn't start asking me questions and do some random check ins, I just wanted to be treated as if nothing ever happened and I never disappeared.
   That's really all I wanted, but I guess that would be the only consequence that I would have because I went ghost, I'm sure it'll die down soon.