XI. Does It Look Like I Know?

Chapter 11,
    Does It Look Like I Know?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" You keep asking me these questions as if my answer is going to change, I said that I don't know which means that I truly don't know. So stop asking. "

~ Lorelei's POV ~

    After the small-ish disagreement between Connor and I, we haven't talked to each other for some hours and we finished with his entire house which means we wanted to do something with the rest of our night instead of sleeping but we didn't know what we wanted to do.
  Even though Connor was the one who always knew what we should do, I wasn't about to go begging for him to grace us with his amazing ideas so that we don't die of boredom, no, we are fully capable of coming up with a plan ourselves.

   I don't want Connor thinking that we need him to plan out every single little thing for us, he doesn't get to believe that he's the actual leader of the group and he doesn't need that extra ego boost.
   He's had enough for the rest of his sad, pathetic, little life of his, I would tell him this to his face but we're not on speaking terms if I hadn't mentioned it before.

   It has been mentioned by the others that I have this petty side towards me and it gets in the way of me solving any issues between me and my friends, I didn't care though, I didn't want people believing that I was so desperate for them when I'm not.
   I only want you around because we are friends and nothing more, I don't need you around for me to survive and I certainly am able to go to sleep and wake up without even thinking about your existence.

   That's something that I will always live by, you are only wanted not needed, and if anyone says that you need them in your life then they are way out of their damn minds, you only want them around because of how they make you feel.
   So we left Connor's house with him trailing in the back, we didn't know where we were going to go and we didn't care about it either.

   All great plans come unplanned, you don't really need them to come but they just so unexpectedly, that's a good thing to me anyways.
  But I will admit that I didn't like creating plans on my own, I was way used to Connor and him creating them that I wasn't prepared for anything, he may have tied this group together but that's all he is.

   "Where are we going?"

  Leo questioned me, I only shrugged my shoulders and told him that I didn't know where we were going, JJ only sighed and kept walking.
  We were walking empty streets and I know that we were all tired of walking, I shoved my whole leg in my mouth this time.

    "Lori, where the hell are we actually going man?"

   JJ blurted out as he looked at me with an annoyed expression, I looked back at him, now matching his face.

   " You keep asking me these questions as if my answer is going to change, I said that I don't know which means that I truly don't know. So stop asking. "

    I lowered my voice, I looked at him as JJ only rolled his eyes and walked faster ahead of the group so he didn't need to be around me, I didn't even want to be around me anymore.
   Connor looked at me and stifled laugh, I looked at him and smiled before turning around completely and walking over to him so that I could apologize.

    "I'm sorry Con, for literally coming out of my body towards you."

   I apologized sheepishly, he only smiled and pulled me into a hug, I sighed and hugged him back before pulling away and slapping his arm lightly.
   Almost all friends have their petty arguments, but almost all friends are able to apologize and make up for it, even if I didn't want to apologize, Connor means a lot to me.

    More than what I would have ever said, he doesn't need to know that of course but I know one day I'll tell him and then pretend that I never said anything because I don't need to be known as the girl that gave her guy best friend the extra ego boost.
  Being friends with Connor comes with having to realize he doesn't think before he speaks and that wouldn't be my fault, I just have to understand and leave it alone completely.

   Why is Connor the way he is? I don't know, i haven't known for a while and I'm not trying to find out either.
  But as long as he doesn't have any issues with me, we're good, like we always are.