Bad day turned good (Leafy x Ruby)

Leafy x Ruby

Requested by: bvckleaf

*BLAM*

Leafy suddenly awoke to the sound of an airhorn blasting in her ear. "Hahahaha oh, we got you good!" Said Gelatin, doubling over laughing. "Nice one" said Lollipop, going to high five him. "Ha ha, you guys got me!" Said Leafy, still tired and wanting to go back to sleep. "Gelatin then left the room, going to wake up the others. "Just so you know, it's April 1st. So good luck" Said Lollipop, before following her friend. 'Oh, god.' Thought Leafy, knowing that absolute war was going to ensue today.

Walking over to the kitchen, Leafy slipped on a banana peal, tripping over herself and landing in a splits position. Leafy couldn't do the splits. "Aaaaaaaah" she yelled, painfully getting up from the ground, and throwing away the peel. She then went to get some cereal for breakfast.

Still tired, Leafy began eating her cereal slowly, but something tasted off. Really off. She spat out what she was eating and saw... "ahhhh" Leafy screamed for the second time that day, for she was just eating a massive spider. Leafy decided to just have toast that day.

Walking outside was a total nightmare, trying to dodge eggs, water balloons, and whatever else was being thrown around by the other contestants was not easy. But, she managed to get to her favourite resting spot. A tree in the middle of a field dotted with daisys, dandelions and lilys. Leafy sighed to herself as she laced against the tree, at peace.

* splat splat splat crack*

Leafy was just hit with water balloons, each filled with shaving cream. And to top it all off, an egg. She was not impressed. Looking up at where the balloons came from, she found Blocky sitting on one of the branches in the tree, armed and ready to fire. "I've been waiting to do this all day" he simply stated, and started pelting the poor leaf with everything he had. It took 3 hours to get off the egg smell.

When lunch came around, Gelatin offered to make everyone meals at his steak house. Which was suspicious to say the least, but Leafy still went out of politeness. When she got there, all the contestants were there, all sitting at different tables talking to each other. Leafy decided to sit with her longtime friend, and longtime crush, Ruby.

"Hey, Leafy" Ruby Said, seeing that her forest friend was coming to sit with her. "Hey, Ruby!" Leafy said with excitement, sitting across from the gem. "Soooooo. How's your day been?" Ruby asked, starting a conversation. Leafy's eye twitched upon her hearing the question. But her smile remained "good, good everything's going fine" she said, hoping to think up something to change the subject. "It dosen't look like it" Ruby Said, noticing the eye twitch. "Ok, you got me, things are actually going terrible" admitted Leafy. "Wanna talk about it?" Ruby asked her green friend. "Yes, actually, that would be nice" 

Leafy started talking about how bad her day was to Ruby, while both were still waiting on Gelatin. "And I feel like almost everyone here wants to kill me, well, except you. That's why I love you" the lemon leaf said, not realizing what she had just confessed. "Y-you love me!?" Ruby said, almost shouting. Leafy flushed pink, now knowing what she had just said. "Well, er- I-" stuttered Leafy, trying to think of something to say. "Well, Gelatin won't be here for a while, so do you want to go somewhere else?" Ruby asked her now pink friend. "S-sure" Leafy said, still not fully comprehending the situation.

-~-three months later-~-

Leafy and Ruby were now officially girlfriend and girlfriend. And would often go on dates to wherever they pleased, always having a good time in doing so.

A/N

This one was a bit hard to write, but was totally worth it in the end, and I hope that you feel the same!