38. Attempt two

A phone rang on the bed. "Whose is it?" Taehyung shook his head.

"Of course." He shook his head tiredly. "It'll only be mine, I'm the only person in the room." He picked up his phone.

"What is it?" He spoke tiredly into the phone.

"You don't seem very glad to be taking my call, Hyung. Are you afraid that nooni might fall for me?" Oliver chuckled.

"No, Oliver. I'm tired of work and I have a crazy headache. And I really don't appreciate your tone right now." Taehyung put the call on speaker and threw it on his bed.

"All right. I'll call you later, then." Oliver cut the call.

Taehyung looked at the phone, feeling a little guilty. He shook his head again and changed his clothes.

He opened his phone, texting Chaeryoung to complete the file he was supposed to. He felt really over-worked.

"Hyung! Are you going to let Oliver harass you and noona again?" Jungkook barged into Taehyung's room.

"Knock. The. Door. Jungkook!" Taehyung glared at Jungkook.

"Sheesh, I'll come back later, then." Jungkook silently closed the door, practically jogging away from Taehyung's room.

Taehyung sighed and looked back at his phone.

"I'll just call him." He dialled to Oliver.

"Hello, hyung?" Oliver's voice rang in his currently-empty mind.

"Yeah..." Taehyung slowly answered.

"Yeah, hyung, you cool now?"

"Yes, tell me."

"I wanted to let you know the weekend schedule."

"Right." Of course his weekend is preoccupied.

Taehyung almost banged his head against the wall.

"Don't worry, I informed Jisoo already."

"All right, so what's the scheme now?"

"Haha. It's nothing, just a party."

"What party?"

--

During the weekend~

"You're still not telling me which party this is." Taehyung sighed, still fatigued from work.

"You worked really hard." Jisoo tightened her grip around his arm and patted his shoulder.

"Oliver. Where is he?" He looked around.

"Right here." Oliver spoke from behind Taehyung, surprising the both of them.

"What are we here for? If it's just for partying, I'll go home. I'm very tired." Taehyung said, eyes drooping.

"It is my friend's birthday party, but you don't have to meet him. This place is pretty fun so I wanted to have fun with Jisoo." Oliver looked at Jisoo.

Taehyung clenched his jaw.

"You- You called me out on my day off so you could have fun with us?" He looked at Oliver angrily.

"No, not you. I want to spend time with Jisoo." Taehyung opened his mouth when Oliver continued, "That is exactly why you are here."

"To watch over the both of you?" Taehyung looked at Jisoo. "Your call." She whispered.

"It's alright. I don't know what you are thinking but Oliver, nothing will come out of this." He chuckled.

"You can sit there and rest since you're tired then. Bye hyung!" Oliver waved grabbing Jisoo and walking away.

Jisoo looked back, signalling him to not worry and rest at the lounge. Taehyung at her, nodding.

Taehyung looked around and found the seating area. He fell asleep as soon as he touched the huge sofa.

--

Taehyung yawned as he opened his eyes.

"So noisy." He groaned as he looked around tiredly, trying to figure out what was happening around him.

He rubbed his eyes, "I'm still tired and there's still a lot of work to be done at the office. I can't be leaving everything for Chaer just because she's willing to work." He scolded himself.

"Do you need a drink?" A stranger sat beside him.

"Oh no. I'm fine." He replied, smiling at the stranger.

"Is it common for you to come to parties to sleep?" The stranger smiled at him. Taehyung smiled uncomfortably.

"Well I've been rather tired from work, I have only come here by force. And honestly, I don't even know who's party this is." The stranger flinched slightly, making him regret saying anything at all.

"I've been forced to come here you see." He tried to cover up.

Taehyung, ususally, wasn't the type to speak irrationally, but his tiredness got the best of him. He didn't make much sense to himself anymore.

"I see." The man slumped against the sofa.

Should he just runaway? No.
Can he just runway? No. Especially since Jisoo is still stuck here.

He looked around for a second as the stranger started to speak. He saw Jisoo laughing with Oliver. What happened?

Heylo! How have y'all been?
I know it's been half a year since I came back to this story. I sincerely apologise for all those who've been waiting this whole time and thank you very much.
Stay with this story as it gets crazier from now ✌️
Again, thank you very much.