Chapter 10: Replacement Team.

Jude got arrested before Leo could do anything to help defend them, and had to take the sheriff's advice in hurrying to school. 4 hours later, he was alone at his lunch table, and looking over the 2 clues he had.

It was lunch hour again, only this time they were serving tacos, with tortilla chips, and water. Leo also found that Nancy was sitting with Mike again. "What exactly does Nancy see in him?" Leo thought. "This Mike guy is rich, but he doesn't even know a thing about Nancy. I grew up with her all my life, but she's been with him for 2 years."

Just then, 2 more of Leo's friends come over to sit with him. One was an Asian kid wearing a blue t-shirt with black buttoned t-shirt over it, while the other had Native American skin, and wore a black hoodie. "Sup, Leo," the N.A kid said. "Nigel, Yu," Leo commented. "What a surprise?" "What have you got there?" Yu asked. "It's a long story," Leo answered. "Have you heard that 2 of our friends died in their sleep?" "We were out of town on a family trip, actually," Nigel explained.

"So what exactly happened?" Yu asked. "Who died, and how did they die?" "It started last week when we were studying at the town library," Leo answered. "When Jake went to sleep, we noticed a bunch of small cuts appear on his skin, and he slit his throat with a pair of scissors when he was asleep. The same thing happened last night, when Madison was killed in her sleep at her house. Of course, Jude got arrested, because her mother thinks he is the one that murdered her there."

"Wait, what makes the mother think that Jude killed Madison?" Nigel asked. "The sheriff said that they found her daughter's corpse wearing Jude's jersey while they were in bed together," Leo answered. "They had sex on a school night?" Yu asked. "Aren't they two months young to have sex together, and lose their virginity?" "That's not important right now," Leo answered. "We need to stop whoever is murdering us in our sleep, and make sure this guy for what he did." Leo then placed the two clues he had on the table in between his tray, and the new friends trays. "So, what kind of clues did you find?" Nigel asked.

"Clue #1," Leo answered, and revealed the preschool image. "This picture is of all of us in preschool when we were 5. There's myself, you guys, Jake, Madison, Jude, Nancy, and a bunch of other people we haven't seen before including the adult in the Christmas sweater who autographed it named Freddy K." "What does the K stand for?" Yu asked. "We'll find that out later," Leo answered. "Clue #2, is this address of the preschool written on this post-it note. If we go there we might get more clues. Do you want in?" "Hell yeah," Nigel commented. "Count me in as well," Yu agreed. Once Nigel, and Yu joined Leo, they both finished lunch, and went to put up their trays. However, the burned man hid from inside Leo's shadow as he was following him.

~

Thanks For Reading.

Don't Forget To Comment.