Sneak Peek 2: SCP-Beyond (Book 02):Once Powerful Twice Scared.

Hamilton brought Abby to the hallway in the middle of the facility for a little test. Since Abby now had the appearance of a 9 year old, she needed to learn how to fend for herself, whenever the other SCP's aren't there for watch her. The question was, how do you do that, when what you're trying to protect that remained isolated, can hardly do anything by herself. That test, was going to give both the Plague Doctor, and the young girl an answer.

SCP-053/Abby The Young Girl: So what are we doing in the middle of the hallway, Mr. Hamilton?

SCP-049/Hamilton The Plague Doctor: Since you are now becoming a bigger girl, I believe it's time for you to learn how to fend for yourself. The first test of course is to walk by yourself, without holding anyone's hand.

The Plague Doctor let's go of Abby's hand, and then walked about 30 feet to the other end of the hall, and stopped once he reached the corner, where it allowed anyone to move to the next part of the path. Abby was confused on why he would abandon you, when you couldn't be able to hold his hand after he started walking.

SCP-049/Hamilton The Plague Doctor: This exercise will test that you are able to walk by yourself without piggyback rides, or holding someone's hand.

SCP-053/Abby The Young Girl: *Gulp*.

SCP-049/Hamilton The Plague Doctor: All you have to do is do exactly what I did. Walk to the other end of this hall by yourself, and then we'll move onto something else.

~

If You Want To Read More To See What Happens Next, Go Read The Story, And Find Out.