Chapter 53 Returning to the Village

    The two met Chu Ziyan on the way back, and she ran over immediately after seeing them, "Ziqian, I got a route map to the capital, and I'm going to inquire about the route along the road and what needs to be passed along the road. We will set off when we are ready."

    It is the end of the world now, the outside world has become full of dangers, and the journey from Jiangcheng to the capital is not a short one, she doesn't want any accident on the road, everything is prepared.

    Chu Ziqian also agreed with her approach. They still need to wait for the base's further research results on vaccines. Until Cui Zhi and the others are resolved, they will not be able to leave with peace of mind.

    In the next two days, the base began to inject new vaccines for the survivors infected with the virus. Some people had a mutation. They were allowed to join the base self-defense force. They could not only stay in Area B, but also enjoy three free meals a day. The other person has no mutation phenomenon and is still an ordinary person. They were happy at first, because anyway, at least they survived and didn't have to turn into one of those man-eating monsters.

    But over time, the mentality of those people changed, and they envied those who had gained strength and could join the Self-Defense Forces. They were ordinary people on the verge of death one moment, and their lives were turned upside down the next moment. change.

    Why? Why are they so lucky?

    Some people stubbornly believe that they can become mutants with just one more shot. Because the samples are limited and the number of antiviral vaccines extracted by the base is small, good steel must be used on the blade, and the base will never allow them to be wasted like this. There are some people who are not afraid of death, trying to re-infect themselves with the virus and requesting to be vaccinated again.

    The base had no choice but to re-inject these people, but those who requested re-injection still did not become mutants. After that, in order to prevent this deliberate waste of resources, the base specially warned all survivors that once this happens again, they will no longer be given the vaccine, and they will be left to fend for themselves. This time, those unwilling people finally subsided.

    However, because of this incident, it has been proved that this vaccine can be used as an antidote, and you can carry it with you when you go out on a mission. Once a secondary infection occurs, you can purify the virus in your body in time.

    This discovery made Lu Wenyan and the others very happy. In this way, Lu Wenyan no longer had to hide his abilities. When using his abilities to purify the virus for others, he only needed to push the antidote.

    In order to extract more antidote, Qi Heng, on behalf of the base, once again commissioned the Hurricane Squad and the Ice Squad to go to Chenqiao Town to bring back more experimental samples. In the last mission, it can be said that nearly half of the casualties were lost. Yang Changjiang's behavior was too bad and he was officially expelled from the base, so this time the mission was simply handed over to their two teams.

    Whether it is for the benefit of mankind, or for generous rewards, both public and private, Chu Ziqian and Lu Wenyan will not refuse such a request. Especially Lu Wenyan, when Qi Heng made an invitation, the team task was triggered again. The content and rewards of the task were exactly the same as the last task, which made Lu Wenyan, who was eager to upgrade and become stronger, very satisfied.

    They set off for Chenqiao Town early the next morning. They had already been there once, and they already knew something about the situation there, so this time they did not split up their actions, saving a lot of time. They went directly to the village to the southwest where Qi Yue and the others encountered the mutant cockroaches last time. As expected, a large number of cockroaches were attracted again.