Chapter 55: freedom

Recap
"You're not taking contraception no matter what. You can yell at me, hit me, cry about it but that's not happening". With that he began driving as Mia cussed at him all the way.

"Jaedan you dog!"

End of recap

Narrator's pov

"What was so urgent that you're asking me to meet you at 5 in the morning?" Jungkook asked calmly, slipping his hands in his pockets.

Joy looked to the side watching the huge mansion as they stood outside the gate. Her eyes slowly travelled up to the sky to see the first appearance of light.

"You know..." she trailed off with tears encircling her eyes.

"I used to think...being with the richest man will pull me out of poverty. That I will be free from all my problems, all the financial crises and all humiliation thrown at me. That I would be able to live a comfortable, happy life...here". She watched the mansion, looking at it as far as her eyes could let her. He listened to her quietly. Seeing regret written all over her face.

"I was so wrong". She returned her gaze at him with tears in her eyes.

"I should have worked for it all by myself than to expect anything from a man. I may have been pulled out of poverty but I no longer have any dignity or self respect left. I was holding onto a thread hoping that one day he will make me his wife but you were right...I never stood a chance in the first place. He never truely valued me. None of this ever belonged to me. I guess it was karma for what I did to you. It's today I realised what I put you through. The heart break you must have endured. The emptiness, the betrayal.....you loved me and I threw it all away, I loved him and he never really cared. I've done many cruel things to you Jungkook. Worse I ruined your life. It's today that I regret it all. I'm......sorry Jungkook. I'm so sorry". Her voice softened and she burst out crying when apologising. He merely watched her plainly. Having no sympathy for her.

Pulling herself together, she wiped her tears and sighed.

"I don't expect you to forgive me. I'm really not worthy of your forgiveness. I don't expect anything from you nor will I throw myself at you any longer....today I came to ask to be your ally".

"Ally?" He asked out of interest.

"We have a common enemy. I was too stupid not to see it from the very beginning. Now, I want him to crumble down miserably as I watch his misfortune. That is only possible if done by you. I don't hold much power compared to him and you.....you stand with him neck and neck. You also have an advantage, you know where his weakness lies and you already have her in your palms. So, what do you think?"

A smirk formed on his lips as he thought about it all. He looked at the sky above as a sigh escaped his lips. It was as if he was waiting for this very moment patiently. Bringing his gaze down, he watched her in thought.

"In that case, steal the property deed for me".

————————————

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Jaedan asked again.

"I'm sure. I really cannot bring this child in the world". Mia replied honestly,

He sighed and finally accepted it after all that quarrelling.

"Well alright then, I understand at the end of the day it's you giving birth. I won't force you anymore....so let's go get contraception."