Chapter 4_Unexpected Encounter

(3rd pov)

A few days passed after Shido sealed Tohka.

Currently, Yin is inside an abandoned building along with Kurumi who was thinking of a plan to find the second spirit and ask her some questions.

However, Yin doesn't understand why she wanted to find the second spirit.

Kurumi contemplated whether she should tell him or not but in the end she decided to tell him of what her original plan was and he was surprised.

However, after hearing of what she had been through, losing a friend, turning her into what she calls a monster and then using her.

He understands how painful it must be, even though he had not experienced it, because he noticed the way that Kurumi narrated it.

She had mixed emotions when narrating it like she gets frustrated when mentioning the first spirit and sad when she mentions her friend.

"You know, most people who take the route of revenge had not received a good ending. Don't let your grudge cloud your judgement for it may one day lead you astray" Yin said, not wanting to completely corrupt her soul.

"*Laughs* I'm already to the point of no return, Yin. I can't back away after what I've done. " Kurumi with a saddened expression said.

" Even so, revenge is not always the answer-" Yin was cut off when Kurumi puts her index finger on Yin's lips.

"..... I know, but i want to do this for the other spirits as well. I don't want others to feel the same pain that i felt during that day. I don't care how long it takes, i will avenge my best friend and end where it all started." She then retracted her finger as Yin gave her a warning.

"You're gonna die, you know"

However, Kurumi could only chuckle at this and said....

"I already experienced death countless times and experience all kinds of things that this world has to offer."

"Are you sure, though?"

".... You're making me rethink my choices, aren't you Yin"

"Who knows.... Well, in the end it's not really my problem since i can just.....nevermind"

Kurumi was curious about the last part of his sentense but didn't pry as she thought that he must have a reason for hiding it.

They kept discussing before they separated as Yin went to a park and saw a familiar figure sitting alone on a bench.

He took a closer look as he finally recognises it as Shido who was looking down, seeing as if he was in deep thought.

"Is this seat beside you taken?" He asked as Shido looked up and panicked before answering.

"Y-Yeah, go ahead" he replied as Yin thanked him and took a seat.

There was silence between them before Yin decided to open up a conversation by asking him a question that Shido didn't expect.

"Something on your mind? I'm here to listen to it, if you want to that is." He offered as Shido looked at him.

"Uhh thanks but.... Who are you?" Shido asked, curious as he hadn't met another guy talking to him except his school friend.

"I'm..... Kai, Akatsuki Kai. And you?"

"Oh! I'm Itsuka Shido. Nice to meet you Akatsuki-san"

"Hmm... Anyway, you look like you've been in deep thought for a while now. Something bothering you?"