Chapter 10_Aftermath

(3rd pov)

The battle between Kuro and Kotori has gotten longer as Kotori starts to lose herself.

Yin noticed this and decided to stop the fight since it wouldn't be a good idea to prolong this battle.

"Yin, what are you–"

"I'm going to intervene. This fight is pretty much meaningless"

He pat Kurumi's head then proceeded to kiss her on the forehead before walking towards the battlefield.

Meanwhile, Kuro and Kotori were clashing weapons over and over again until they came to a stalemate.

" Tch, i have to admit those flames of yours are really getting on my nerves. "

" Heh,  your lightning attacks are too weak to even hurt me. "

"Pfft, weak to hurt you? Have you even counted how many times I've hit you with my blade?"

".... "

" You didn't know that because you're regenerative ability is always active but tell me something, how much reiryoku do you have left in your body"

Kotori's reiryoku is slowly getting drained since she has been fighting Kuro for an hour and she also fought Kurumi before Kuro.

She had regenerated multiple times before and during her fight with Kuro added by intense impacts of strikes from her but Kotori is at the moment not on her right mind.

In these situations, she would have ended the fight and retreated back to base but since she had gone berserk her mentality was replaced by another, temporarily.

"*Chuckles* i could say the same to you."

"*Laughs* Oh please, my reiryoku far surpasses your own. In simple words, you're weak"

Kotori's eyes then shined brightly as her axe changes into a cannon and is charging it.

Kuro also increased her usage of reiryoku as she then placed her sword in front of her and gathered a big amount of reiryoku, preparing to make a horizontal wave slash of lightning.

" This will be your last"

" Hmph, game over torch"

As both attacks were released, Kotori slumped down and got on her knees as she looked on with grin before it turned into shock as she saw both of their strongest attacks were being held by one person.

"*So troublesome" the man said as Kuro then recognizes it as Yin

Yin nullified both attacks at the same time and deactivated the barrier that's keeping Shido isolated.

Shido, after realizing that the barrier was broken immediately went to check on Kotori.

"Kotori! Kotori!" He called out as Kotori lost consciousness and collapsed on the floor.

Shido checked if she has a pulse and was relieved that she does as he glance towards the spirit trio.

Meanwhile, Kurumi just regained a bit of her stamina and spirit mana as she stood up and slowly walked towards Yin and Kuro.

"Yin-nii!" Kuro ran over to check on him and found him unscathed.

"We're leaving. This fight is over, there is no longer any point in continuing this battle." Yin demanded and Kuro could only obey not because she was afraid of him but because she thinks that it is for the best.

For both sides that is.

"Alright"

"Also, you two should have a talk when we arrive home."