Chapter 5_The Past

(3rd pov)

Just as Mio fell unconscious, unknown sceneries and memories starts to flood into her mind which put a shock to her.

There in a distance lies a figure with the same appearance as her, lost in the spirit world until she saw a male spirit talk to her.

He was taller than her and she felt nostalgic for some reason when she saw her look alike talking to him which only made things more confusing for her.

She felt that she should've known who this man was but her memory doesn't reveal his identity.

Suddenly, the scene changed and she knew what the place was since she created it herself.

However, unlike the spirits that she put in that world, the neighboring world was uninhabited by spirits and only two beings can be spotted.

There is a building and its facilities are similar to that of a school which she doesn't mind since that's how she made it.

The scene changes again and this time, Yin's face was projected in front of her as she tries to reach out to him but couldn't as her hand just went through it.

Just as she was staring at Yin, she noticed her look alike in front of a portal hesitating whether to leave or not.

"Nii-san" she said, completely shocking Mio as she knew that this voice was hers.

"It's alright, you can go out and enjoy yourself out there Mio but please be careful since i won't be joining you in that world for a while" Yin's voice was calm and was smiling at her as she slowly understands what Yin meant when he said she forgot about him.

" But... Will you really be alright here all by yourself, Nii-san?" Her voice was full of concern as she never thought that her desire to leave the neighboring world would come true however, her wish was only granted due to Yin giving her a chance to live her own life.

" I'll be alright, Mio. Anyway, it's about time for you to depart. That portal won't hold on forever you know. " He said as he patted Mio's head.

Mio's eyes were shadowed by her bangs before she finally gave him a tight embrace before departing.

After she left, everything turned dark all of a sudden as she slowly opened her eyes, thinking that it was all a dream however, she somehow felt that everything she saw was real.

Looking around, all she sees are trees, grass, and rocks that have formed into structures.

She sat up and tries to sense Yin however she couldn't feel any reiryoku in the area which concerned her.

She soon stood up before noticing the rustling noise in the bushes.

She took a defensive stance and prepared herself for an immediate ambush or attack however, it didn't come as Yin emerged from the bushes.

"Feeling better now?" He asked, slowly walking towards her.

"What were those memories? Who are you really?" She asked in a hurry, not wanting to waste her time.

"*Sigh* I can't believe you grew up to be such a demanding woman. If you're wondering about those things that you saw then I'll tell you. All of it is real" Yin, closed her eyes as he observed Mio's reacton amd noticed her contemplating on whether to believe him or not.

"How can i believe such ridiculous things! If what you said is true then i should have remembered it all!" Mio retorted.

"Simple, you seem to have been attacked after landing in this world by an unknown force that lead you to forgetting most of your life with me.... I told you to be careful but I guess i am also to blame since i didn't come and made sure that you're okay" Yin opened his eyes with a pained expression.