episode I

First days of school. What a pathetic concept to stress the fuck out of students. You might think that, after a while, I would get used to it. Incorrect. Especially today. First day of a new school, new people, new teachers, new halls. Nothing was scarier for me.

"Oi, stop shaking your legs eh"

"Yeah, sorry mom"

My new neighborhood was scrolling before the windshield of my mum's red car. I couldn't believe it just yet. It all happened so fast. Divorce. Moving. In 2 months, my mum had pulled me out of school, moved us and taken over a higher position on a new job.

"We're here." She said putting the car on parked.

I handed her suitcase and took my bag. We both got out of the car. Slammed the door as hard as I could, thinking it would let the stress out. We both stood still before Hartley High's gates.

"Okay... So I'll be in a meeting with Mrs.Woods all morning. I know you don't want people to find out about us, so I'll be discreet." Mum said without even glancing at me. She finally sighed and turned to face me.

"You'll be fine, Justine. It's just school."

"I know. Good luck on your meeting. Have a nice day." I gave her a rapid peck on the cheek. I looked around to check if anybody saw us and started to walk towards the school's entrance.

More and more teens started to fill the yard and halls of Hartley High. It could be no more late than 8:30 when some girl shouted something, getting everyone's attention.

"Oi, there's a fully-gacked sex map in the old stairwell."

When I say everyone, I mean that in the time frame of 10 seconds, the yard felt like post apocalyptic ambiance. Everyone ran towards the so-called sex map. I stand there alone, facing the doors of my new life. Couldn't bring myself to enter. Also couldn't bring myself to follow the others. I would've felt out of place, not knowing a single person. I snapped back when the second bell rang, meaning I was officially late. I made my way to the classroom on my schedule. When I entered, the room was empty. Not a single horny teen with distasteful comments in sight.

"Come with me."

I got scared and jumped away from the person besides me.

"Mum? Weren't you in a meeting with-"

"There's been an emergency, every student in your grade has been convened in the gymnasium."

She took me by the shoulders and directed me towards the room. She opened the door and gently pushed me in the gymnasium. The room went silent.

"Ah, our new student Justine Jones. Glad you could join us for this intervention. Sit."

Still looking at the floor, I grabbed the closest seat to me. The one at the entire back of the twenty or so chairs aligned in rows. Embarrassing. Without lifting my head, I could see the stares and hear the rude remarks and not-so feminist comments.

Hard to ignore. Just like Mrs.Woods' speech. What kind of principal compares her own sexual habits with their students?

When I felt that the red of my cheeks had faded into a pale pink, I knew it was safe to look up. I stared at my new classmates' back profiles. None were familiar. Except him. Except this tall blonde figure. What was he doing here? He told me he lived on the other side of the country. I couldn't be sure if he was who I thought he was. His face had just begun to fade from my memories. Just like those tickling feelings I had when I thought of him, and our brief time together. However, I needed to see his face. I wanted to see his face. Just to be sure.

[...]

A few minutes before the last bell rang, I kept finding myself thinking about him, and all that had happen on that night.

"Map Bitch. Map Bitch. Map Bitch." Some guy kept saying over and over, snapping me out of my daydreaming.

I looked around to find who he was whisper-screaming at, and saw a black haired girl. She had such a gentle face, but her eyebrows were frowned. She looked sad. She caught me glancing at her. I gently smiled, compassionate and trying to make her feel better about those rude comments. She smiled back, subtly not wanting any attention on her. The bell finally rang and I packed all of my school books in my crossbody bag and made my way to my assigned locker. I hadn't see my mom all day since Mrs.Woods' intervention in the gymnasium. I took my things and went to sit on a bench outside of the main entrance. I waited for her for about 45 minutes before my phone buzzed in my pocket.

Mum: Give me 15 minutes and I'll be outside.

A bit frustrated, I sighed and put my headphones on. Wanting to pass the time. I closed my eyes, trying to relax. One thing I had learned over the years was to never count on my mother. She could tell you something and do the other without even warning you. I never really could rely on her. Ever. I had been waiting for about an hour and a half when people started coming out of the building.

"Mum?!" I shouted thinking it was her. Not realizing the sound of my music was covering how loud my voice really was. It wasn't my mother.

A group of students started laughing. He started laughing. I noticed him instantly. Some were mimicking my reaction, others were just staring. His smile started to fade when we locked eyes. He remembered. He knew I remembered too. Before it got too intense, he walked away with the rest of his friends. A few I recognized from before.

"Where were you?" I said when spotting my mother at the back of the crowd. We walked to the car together.

"As the new guidance counselor, Mrs.Woods wanted me to give a class to those who were mentioned in the map."

"The school's incest map from this morning's assembly?"

"Yes. That." After that, she kept biting her lips. She looked stressed. I knew what those tics meant.

"What's going on?"

Before entering the car, she paused, faced me and stared at me dead in the eye.

"Don't be mad."

"I won't. Tell me now."

"I needed help with the SLT program. You know how I am with technology and I wanted someone neutral-"

"So you said I would do it?"

She pressed her lips, not wanting to give me an answer. I knew however.

"Mum!" I groaned. "How could you-"

"Justine, this is good. It will help you getting to know the people around you AND it will be very instructive. You'll see. Now, get in the car, it's been a long day and I can't wait to go home."

I shrugged and looked back at the school, thinking it would soon be my very own hell. Not even 48 hours in the new neighborhood and I'll be known as the pet's teacher. Even worse, the teacher's help in a punishing sex class. How wonderful.

Every. Teenage. Girl's. Dream.