epilogue

TWO MONTHS LATER
I slammed Amerie's car's door and walked through the parking lot. It was full of cars yet no one was to be seen. Most of them were probably still in class, I knew he was. I passed by the school's sign and memories kept flooding back to my mind. I laid my back on the fence near the school's entrance doors that would swing open in a matter of seconds. I twirled the small gold ring around my index, something I started doing when I was anxious.

Before the bell rang, I noticed a guy swiping off the floor and picking up trash. He wore a reflecting bib and a figure I could recognize everywhere. The sound of the bell snapped me back as I refocused my attention towards the doors. I lifted my body on my toes and stretched my neck trying to find the man of my life. Tall. Blond. Hair in the face. Eyes as blue as the ocean. There he was.

"Spence!" I shouted as I waved my hand for him to see me through the crowd.

He ran up to me and lifted me in his arms, twirling us. He finally dropped me on my feet before kissing me.

"God, I've missed you." He said before giving me another few quick kisses.

"I've missed you too." I smiled, my arms still around his neck until something caught my eye behind him. Well, someone did.

That same guy picking up trash. I could finally see his face. It was Ant. My heart sank a little and my face dropped as Spencer noticed it too. He followed the direction of my gaze and sighed.

"He's been around." 

I nodded trying to refocus on him but my eyes felt frozen on Ant's figure. He looked and we locked eyes. His face looked tired. He scoffed to the image of Spencer and I together but I didn't gave him any reaction.

"Turns out he got charged for diffamation. Five months of charity work at Hartley's every day after school."

"Good." I frigidly said.

"Come on, babe. We have the whole weekend ahead of us. We can do anything." He threw an arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to his body, walking us away from Hartley's grounds and Ant.

"We can do everything." I smiled, hugging him.

FIVE YEARS LATER
I shuffled through the several papers on my desk, exasperated of how much work I had to do. I took out a red pen and started reading through the essays of my students. I had been offered a job as a substitute English teacher at Hartley High so after four years of being away, I came back. College had been amazing. Amerie and I stayed friends the whole time but when I decided to return to our home town, she didn't follow. She had bigger dreams for herself and she wanted to travel so we've lost touch since then. I still called her a few times a year and she did the same. We just weren't as close. Quinni and Darren moved to the states, in New York City nonetheless which felt right. I've visited them a couple of times and I've loved the city. I turned pages after pages, most of my students had missed the point of the assignment. I understood how meaningless homework feels like when you're a teenager but I always try to pick an interesting subject so they can be inspired. I looked up at the clock on my computer, it's past eleven at night and I have to wake up early tomorrow. I put the paper in my work bag and closed my computer before leaving the kitchen. I brushed my teeth and headed towards the bedroom, I slipped under the sheets and turned to the side.

"Are you asleep?" I pecked a kiss on his nude back, his skin warm.

"Almost." He mumbled as he turned his body to face me, his eyes still closed.

"I'm sorry. Didn't meant to wake you up." I said as he deeply inhaled before resting his hand on my lower back and bringing me closer in his arms.

"Did you finished grading at least?"

"No. I'll wake up early tomorrow and finish it then."

He kissed me and slowly opened his eyes after, I could finally see his beautiful blue eyes. I kissed him on the nose which made him smile.

"I miss spending time with you, J."

"I know, Spence but I feel like I somehow need to prove myself."

"You are a great teacher. You don't have to worry." He said as he cupped my cheeks in between his hands. I smiled at him. He always knew how to comfort me, he always find the right words to make me feel lighter, happier. "I know you've worked hard but you also have to slow it down a bit. I don't want you to exhaust yourself." He added as he lowered one of his hand on my stomach. I placed mine on his and sensed a growing feeling under both of our hands.

"You don't have to worry, I'm fine. The doctor said I can finish the semester."

Spencer crawled down under the sheets so he could be eye level with my stomach, he caressed it while giving it thousands of kisses. I crackled a laugh. Ever since I started showing, Spencer had been talking to the baby. He was excited and so was I. I couldn't wait to meet the life we created. I wondered if they would have Spencer's blue eyes and blond hair. Either way, I just knew that this baby would have two loving parents that would do anything for them.

"If it's a boy, we should name him Justin as a tribute to his mom."

"What? No!" I laughed. "I want my kid to feel special. I want them to feel unique." I paused as I caressed Spencer's hair. "How about Celeste? For a girl, you know."

I watched him thinking about it, contemplating the idea of naming our child after astronomy.

"I like it." He smiled as he kissed once again my stomach. He crawled back to me, his mouth pressing on mine as we deeply kissed. Spencer and I had been together since after prom night. Almost six years together and the intensity never faded. Our love never faded and I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. Cringe, yes but it was true. What started with meaningless hookup at some festival turned into the relationship I've always wanted. The kind of love you only read in books and watch in movies. Spencer and I we were forever, our love was written in the sky.

I started with nothing and he completed me.
We were luminous. Gleaming. Illuminating each others' worlds as stars did in the night dark.

—————————————————————————
AUTHORS NOTE

THANK YOU TO EVERY ONE OF YOU WHO RED THIS BOOK.

I know the epilogue was rushed but I hoped you still enjoyed it and it gave you all a bit of closure as of our characters.

I really want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart, I'm so grateful for every readers who voted and commented. I love your feedbacks.

Anyways hope you enjoyed this book and if you want to encourage my writing. I have a few other books on my profile!

Love you all and see you soon xxx

Completed : 13/02/2023