episode XXXIV

JUSTINE
I woke up with a headache and I could feel my face swollen from yesterday's crying. I didn't know how long I was asleep but the sun was now up and its light was warming up the room. Spider's room. I sat myself straight in the bed, turning my head to look at him. His back facing me, he looked sound asleep. I touched my lips with the tips of my fingers slowly remembering last night. Remembering how his lips felt on mine. How gentle he had been. Like the Spencer I had met this summer. I laid back besides the boy, putting a slow kiss on his back wishing he would wake up. He did.

"Morning." I timidly whispered.

His eyes lit up at the sound of my voice. I could see in his gaze that he was also remembering last night. Which made me smile.

"Hey you."

I put my hand on his cheek, softly caressing it until it made its way to his jaw and then his lips. His gaze only focused on my face, I felt my cheeks burn. He noticed and silently laughed.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked.

"Stay here. In this bed." I paused. "With you."

He hesitantly pulled his head forward, not sure if kissing was now part of our relationship. If I'd let him do it again. A smile creeped at the corner of my lips before I rested my lips on his. My body warming up to his hands traveling to my back and waist, hips and ass as they came back up to cup my face. Our kiss became quickly fiery but it got interrupted before it could go anywhere further. My phone was ringing. I twirled to the nightstand and looked up at it.

Ant. Suddenly, all of yesterday's feelings surfaced. All of the betrayal and the lies he kept from me. How he played his cards so well, he made me fall in love with him. I slammed my body on the bed, looking up at the ceiling feeling suddenly so tired. Spider rested his head on his hand, his elbow raising his body up. I could feel his stare.

"It's Ant, isn't it?"

I nodded.

"Listen to me." Spider moved my head with his fingers under my jaw, forcing me to look at him. "He'll get what he deserves. Trust me. I'll make sure of it."

His eyes became dark and his jaw was clenched. I could clearly see that this affected him as much. In a way, he had also been betrayed by his friend. His best friend. I stayed silent, not sure how to respond to what seemed like a threat, but not to me. It was a threat towards Ant. I would be lying if I said it didn't make me feel better. Because it did. Spider made me feel better. I had been so blindsided by what I thought was love when he was right under my nose.

"I'm so sorry." I said squeezing my eyebrows together. He frowned.

"You've got nothing to be sorry for. I wasn't the nicest."

"Yeah but—"

"No, J." He sighed clearly looking for the right words to say. He took a deep breath in. "I've been such a jerk to you and I don't know why. I'm the one who should be sorry. I think I wanted to punish you for being with Ant. For choosing him over—" He stopped himself, dropping his gaze down.

"Over you?" I finished. "You kind of chose that for me, Spence." I paused remembering the night of the protest.

"And I hated myself since then."

"Don't." I snapped making him look right back at me. "What is done is done. Let's just start over?"

He rose an eyebrow as if an idea had just popped in his head. A small smile creeping up his lips making me frowned in confusion.

"Do you want a go on a date?" He smiled.

"Like a first date?"

"Exactly like a first date. You talked about starting over so let's do it."