episode XVII

When we arrived to the drive-in theatre, most of our friend's parents car formed a circle and in the middle, chairs and a beer pong table were set up. We all got out of the car and as we were about to join the others, Ant stopped me by grabbing my wrist. I looked behind me and saw my friends giving me funny looks and gasping at the scene. I laughed and turned to face him.

"You know Spider's a jerk."

My smile quickly faded.

"Isn't he your best mate?"

"Yeah. And that's why I know he doesn't understand what he's lost. Who he lost."

"Okay, Ant." I said, trying to act nonchalant even though I was flattered by what he had said.

I know we had once shared a very brief moment at the Slay Ball but I never let myself thought of him as more. Here he was, being so gentle and nice to me. It was simple and I needed simple right now. Maybe Ant was just a way to cope with everything that had been going on. An easy door to open and leave all this madness behind me. Not knowing how to handle this feeling inside me, I kept nodding trying to put an end to the conversation.

"Let's get a drink, yeah?"

He followed me into the circle where our friends were hanging out. I spotted the little freezer and went to go and grab us beers. We clinked our bottles as he winked at me. Ant then left to greet his friends and I joined mine.

"What in the fucking weird ass sexual tension was that between you and Ant?" Darren exclaimed as soon as they saw me arrived.

"I don't know." I shrugged taking a sip of my beer.

"Are you really gonna pull an Elena Gilbert? Spider and Ant are practically brothers." Amerie asked, giggling to her own joke.

"Nah-Uh. I intend to keep our life drama free."

"That boy's gaze is trouble, I'm telling you." Darren said looking at Ant, he was staring at our group from further.

"Oh he definitely want a piece of that." Amerie said, slapping my ass.

"Oi! Stop!" I exclaimed not wanting to attract attentions to our conversation.

"He has those puppy eyes." Quinni added.

"Not you too Quin. Don't let them influence you into their awful fantasy."

"Is it still a fantasy if he's coming over." Quinni asked. They all stopped giggling as I felt Ant approaching.

"You coming? The movie is starting in a few." He said taking me by the hand and walking me in the opposite direction of where everyone was.

I heard Darren gasped in a much too dramatic way.

"Didn't you just say the movie was about to start?"

He kept on jogging to where he wanted us to be. We went behind the little canteen, it was pitched dark. Trees and empty roads were facing us. Only a faint light from the pole was making it able for me to see his face. He had nice traits. And hair.

"What's up with you?" I asked annoyed to be dragged out of the party but also intrigued of why he's been so gentle and nice for a few days now. He began pacing, doing many steps in circle, grabbing his head and chest. "Are you okay?"

"No." He sighed. He took a deep breath in and spoke up. "Is it wrong to tell you I like you?"

"Well, do you?" I asked still confused and a bit shocked of his announcement.

"Yes and I know it's wrong to tell you this because Spider said- "

"Spider doesn't have a say in this."