episode XXVIII

It has been a few months since the holidays and my life couldn't feel more right. It was weird to think how much I've had changed since I moved there, in this plain neighborhood filled with amazing people now indispensable in my life. The school year was almost over. In a few weeks, I would be graduating with all of my friends. Amerie and I were planning on getting an apartment near our university. We couldn't wait to live together. As for Darren and Quinni, they were still trying to figure out their future which I completely understood. I didn't knew for sure I wanted to follow my mother's steps until after New Year's. I guess it always kind of shadowed my thoughts, deep down I knew I've always wanted to be a teacher so that is the classes I will be taking next semester. I was beyond excited but evenly scared as to what would happen with my relationship with Ant after high school. As of now, Ant and I were more in love than ever, if that was love. I still had doubts about our relationship. His mother never completely accepted me, it made everything harder. We would sneak into each other's room which made it all more thrilling and exciting and still in our honeymoon phase even after a few months. But at least, Spider and I's situationship was smoother, I could even call it friendship. So, Ant didn't have to be stuck between us two anymore, he didn't have to choose. We were all one happy group of friends enjoying their last bits of high school.

"Only a few weeks and we're out of this hellhole." Darren exclaimed as they sat down at the picnic table, putting their bag onto it.

I closed the book I was writing in it, not wanting to show my nostalgic scribbling. Ever since school started after the holidays, I've been journaling every day. Writing my feelings and all of this shit on paper so that I have something to read whenever I want to remember this specific moment of my life. The year that changed it all for me.

"I like this hellhole."

Darren arched an eyebrow, cocking their head in confusion.

"What? I met you."

"Oh you sweet arse licker. You know how to feed my ego."

I chuckled to their comment putting the journal and the pen into my back that rested next to me. We were soon joined by Amerie and Quinni who came from the bathrooms, Quinni looking all excited and giggly.

"She finally looked at vagina."

"Please, no." Darren said in disgust.

"I couldn't pass on the offer twice." Amerie responded as she sat down, my bag now in between our bodies. "Quinni baby, you have magnificent flaps." She continued as she held hands with Quinni across the table.

I smiled at the picture as Darren sat still shocked of what they had just heard. I looked up at the sky. It was a cloudy day, dark clouds that could cry at any moment. My gaze stood still for a moment when suddenly, I felt a pressure on my cheek.
Ant.

"Hey you."

I watched him sat besides me as he took the bag and laid it on his thighs. Dusty and Spider followed him to our table as I smiled them hello.

"I've missed you this morning." Ant said into my ear. "You were gone before I woke up."

"Sorry, I had to go get my books before class."

"Nerd." He snickered.

"Whatever." I grinned while he kissed me one more time on the cheek.

We both returned our attention to our group of friends that were talking. I hadn't noticed that Malakai, Harper, Missy and Sasha had joined us. I looked over at Amerie but she was so much focused on Malakai that Harper's presence didn't even bothered her. Good, I thought.

"So guys, we need to find a theme for JJ's birthday party this week." Amerie shouted to get everyone's attention as I blushed.

"Where is it? When?" Sasha asked.