episode III

Colorful lights are throbbing everywhere. It was overwhelming every senses I had. Music were covering the sounds of my screams. My cousin, Violet, had gotten us tickets to this festival. She wanted me to get familiar with the neighborhood. It had been only three days since I had moved in my new house. And it felt so surreal being there, screaming at a band performing, while everything in my life came crashing down just a few weeks back. 

"Wait here!" Violet shouted trying to be louder than the music and the people around us.

"Oi?! No. Don't leave me!" I shouted back but her spot, where she was standing, had already been filled with many sweaty young bodies, all dancing and pushing around.

I didn't exactly know how much time had passed since Violet's been gone. I was way too wasted to even realize it was a different band on stage. I just had a gut wrenching feeling in my stomach that made me want to get out of this gigantic crowd. It could have been the half bottle of vodka I drank but I had to check out, find Violet to make sure she was safe.

A bit panicked, I pushed people out of my way and made it to the breuvages cart. The same kind of cart that rolls on the beach offering popsicles and ice creams. Except, tonight they offered cocktails and beers.

"Hey have you seen a blonde haired girl. She's about this tall and has a nose piercing." I asked the guy behind the cart.

"As about every gal on the site." He shrugged. "You gonna have to buy something or make way for other customers lady."

"But-"

The old guy kept interrupting me by naming every product he had on his menu. Quickly, I got annoyed and then I got pushed by two tall guys, making me fall on my arse. I didn't even acknowledge my hurt that I immediately got back on my feet. Ready to take out whoever it was. I was about to snapped at them.

"Hey listen you mayonnaise fuck, what is your problem with me?"

I snapped back to reality. I was sitting in the gym's bleachers, an opened book on my knees. I look up and saw Amerie inches away from Spider's face. She had that look I recall having that night. She was ready to fight him. Spider and I hadn't talked since the cemetery. Our conversation had been cut short by the police chasing us out of the place. Luckily, nobody got caught.

"You're the reason we're in SLTs, Map Bitch." He replied, angry.

"Well, SLTs is cancelled . Okay so-"

Amerie got cut off by other's comments and murmuring about the cancellation of SLTs. Which I knew wasn't cancelled. My mother had prepared and briefed me about the next class. I know she wanted to go to the concert but this would have consequences. I didn't want people to hate her more because of that. Both Spider and Amerie continued their conversation as I got up and walked down the bleachers. I walked towards the two of them, putting my crossbody bag on my shoulder. As I approached them, Spider jumped to throw his basketball, Amerie walking away. I caught the rebound of his ball and threw it at his tall figure.

"Oi, what you playing at!?"

"Piss off cunt."

I didn't looked him. I didn't gave him the satisfaction of talking back, I just walked away, knowing that would made him furious. I liked that feeling. I ran towards Amerie, wanting to catch a conversation with her. We started walking together around the school's halls.