episode VIII

A gif of Malakai falling echoed from Quinni's phone. People had wasted their time making a fucking meme over this. I couldn't believe it. We were sitting at the bottom of the stairs waiting for class to start.

"It started circulating over the weekend." Quinni stated.

"Who made it?" I angrily asked.

"We don't know."

"Do you think he has seen it." Amerie demanded but Quinni shrugged. He definitely saw it but it was better to say nothing than confirmed it to Amerie.

We stayed a bit silent. Then, Quinni touched my double hickeyed neck.

"Slay Ball did you dirty." She giggled.

"I tried to hide it as best as I could." I responded annoyed that I had obviously failed. I put up the collar of my jacket trying to hide it.

"And who could be the person that did that to you?" Amerie asked.

"Spill the tea boo." Darren added.

"Well... it's Ant." I paused and they all exclaimed ouh's in surprise. Darren clicked their tongue and Quinni her fingers. "And the other one is Spider." They all stopped laughing and joking around. It went dead silent.

"You slut." Darren giggled. I scoffed, smiling at their comment.

"It just happened. I was really high."

"I will never be that high. Was it a threesome?" Amerie asked a bit dry.

"Amerie." Quinni exclaimed.

"Sorry. I just have feelings about JJ hooking up with two most idiotic and misogynistic people in our school."

"First, we didn't hook up but yeah, whatever." I said not wanting to get into the subject. I knew she didn't meant to arshe, she had other things in her mind.

Amerie spotted Malakai, she got up and went to talk to him. Ant was fun, he wasn't really my type but we had a great time on the dance floor. Clearly for Spider it was another story. He could made me the most mad and yet I still would have butterflies every time he was close to me. Fucking bastard.

The bell rang and we made our way to the gymnasium where the assembly was. We sat down and waited for Mrs.Woodsy to commence.

"Good morning, everybody. So I have an announcement. It's really very thrilling. Hartley High has been selected to kick off the city of Sydney Interschool Basketball Semifinals."

Nobody really cared and Mrs.Woodsy didn't get the reaction she had hoped for. Everyone kept chatting to their mates, ignoring the principal. Except Quinni, who listened carefully.

"Which will garner some much-needed positive attention after the map debacle." Mrs.Woodsy continued.

"Map Bitch!" Spider loudly yelled, interrupting the assembly.

"Put a sock in it, Spencer." Mrs.Woodsy responded in the mic.

I turned around and scoffed at him with a disgusted face. I twirled back on my seat. I felt him approaching his face from the back. I felt my little hair rising at his proximity. I had goosebumps everywhere.

"You weren't disgusted by me last weekend." He whispered in my ear. I put my whole hand on his face and shoved him in the back of his chair, making Ant laughed.

"It's actually a big honor and we would actually like you to help us and clean up the school." Woodsy continued.

"Don't actual cleaners do that, Miss?" Ant asked, actually confused.