episode XXI

It kept ringing. I hung up from the sixth call I had gave her. Why wouldn't she answer?

"Come on. I have a first aid kit in my mother's car." I said to Spider, furious about my cousin not answering her phone.

We had ran towards the bushes, hiding behind them.The guy hadn't followed us, we were safer than on the beach but Spider was bleeding out and we needed to get to my car.

"Where's your car?" He painfully groaned, probably because of his injuries.

"Back at the festival, a few roads down the site. You can stay here and I'll get it. Don't worry."

"No." He quickly exclaimed. "The guy's still around, it's not safe alone. Let's go."

He took me by the wrist and put our bodies in motion, we walked past the beach, some neighborhoods and finally made our way back. I unlocked my car and sat at the passenger side, opening the glove compartments to take the first aid kit.

"Sit down." I said to Spider pointing to the car's  hood and he hardly did that, groaning through gritted teeth at his every move.

I opened the bag and started looking for alcohol, gauze and some bandages to patch Spider up. After that, I finally took the time to analyze his injuries. I hated myself for letting it happened, for letting him fight my battles.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey." He exclaimed, quickly jumping back on his feet. He placed his fingers under my chin and lifted my head towards the moonlight. "You're bleeding."

The adrenaline made everything numb but it slowly started fading once he mentioned my injury. I started to acknowledge them. I touched my lips, blood dripping from them which I swiped with my fingers.

"Let's sit down. The both of us." He said putting his hands on my shoulders and moving me to the car's hood. He took the alcohol wipe and started cleaning up the wound on my bottom lip and chin.

"I'm so stupid."

"Stop talking, I'm trying to clean the blood."

"I shouldn't have come tonight. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have had too much to drink. Maybe I did tease him, maybe I did d-"

"Stop this. It's not your fault." He firmly said, his reaction made me jumped a bit, he had said it louder than he wanted to. "That guy's a pig."

"I guess." He finished wiping the blood. I licked my lips, they tasted like alcohol, they tasted the same as nail removers smell. "Your turn." I said as he sat besides me.

"Do you think this needs stitches?" He asked referring to his forehead injury.

"Nah. It doesn't look that deep. You were lucky."

I took a new wipe and started cleaning his forehead. I wasn't comfortable and with him being so tall, I got closer to his body. I laid both my legs on one of his and pulled his blonde hair back. I continued cleaning his wound.

"Stop looking at me like that." I exclaimed feeling his intense gaze on me, our faces inches away and tension up the roof.

"You stick your tongue out when you're focused."