episode XI

I walked through the walls trying to find my friends. I felt every stares and I heard every whispers. For the first time, I couldn't really care less or at least, I tried to action like I didn't. I got what I wanted: I had hurt Spider the way he had hurt me.

"Woah." Quinni gasped as she saw me joining them in the halls. "You know that half the school thinks you're an untouchable icon-"

"And the other half thinks you're a batshit banshee." Darren continued.

"And I just got myself officially integrated as the new member of SLTs. Yay." They all gasped.

"And I spent all night manifesting a beautiful new reality where Malakai never said he was done with me."

"Wake up, Amerie. Your heart is shattered into a million, tiny, pathetic pieces." Darren said to her, trying to pop her bubble before it was too late. They were right, she needed to move on. Their relationship wasn't like it used to.

But we knew she wasn't listening to us anymore when all of her traits softened. Malakai was at the end of the hall. It made my heart broke seeing her and him like this. They were meant for each other.

"Let's go, forget about him." I said as I grabbed her by the arm and we all walked away outside to the center of our school. "How about no significant other talk for at least this week? Just positive vibes yeah?"

"Or we can get shitfaced and forget they existed at all?" Darren replied, having also their share of problems with Cash. Suddenly, their face lit up. "Amerie, your mum's working the night shift?"

"Yeah."

"Listen up, cum stains! Lonely hearts gatho at Amerie's tonight!" Darren shouted into the court and halls of the school. Quinni and I laughed. "BYO alcohol, you cheap, cheap hoes. And no Year 7's." They continued as Amerie tried to shut them up.

"No, that was a totally fabricated lie!" Amerie shouted back.

"Oh, shit. I hope not." Sasha said popping out of nowhere, giving a peck on Quinni's cheek.

"Nothing's happening." Amerie immediately exclaimed.

"Are you serious? This is the first time in months anyone wants to hang out with you." Darren said.

"They got a point Am!" I added, trying to convince her. I was also in a mood to just drink away all of my problems. "This could be the biggest comeback since crop tops. You only get one shot at this."

"Okay, yeah. Actually something is happening tonight's at my place." Amerie declared to Sasha. Darren and I did a subtle mini high five behind her back, proud of our convincing tactics. We were getting good.

"Oi! And the theme is Back From The Dead to celebrate Amerie's social resurrection." Darren continued to shout to the other students.

The bell rang, time for another SLTs class.

"Why do we have a sex Ed class in the gym again?" Amerie asked.

"Don't look at me."

"Well since your mother is-"

"Zip it Wadia." I brutally exclaimed in between my teeth as we entered the gym. I checked around to see if anybody had heard our conversation, but it didn't seem like it.

We all stand in a straight line. I was in between Amerie and Darren, they formed a wall so I couldn't see that particular someone. First class as an official member of SLTs.

"All right. Thank you all for showing up today. Please welcome our newest member but you already know her, Justine."

Nobody reacted, except for my friends.