Chapter 5.1 Entrance Exams and Girls.

"Would you calm down Izuku? You're going to do fine in the Entrance Exams tomorrow." Mei says to a nervous Izuku as she screwed back together the parts of the new 'baby' that just exploded.  "Can you hand me the pliers, please?" she pointed to a table near Izuku.

They are currently in Mei's room/workshop. She asked Izuku to come over to help her test the new baby she had created. It is, well was supposed to be a gauntlets that allow the user to use laser beams to shoot at enemies and thrusters that let the wearer fly. An idea of Izuku inspired from a comic named 'The Invincible Iron Man' he read a while ago. Mei was skeptical at first but when she found out that the main character was an inventor, she snatched all the copies from Izuku's room and made a plan to recreate the armor on the hands, which were to her part was the easiest part to recreate.

"Easy for you to say, Ms. I Already Took My Entrance Exam A Week Ago!" Izuku deadpanned  as he grab the pliers and gave it to her. It had been months and now, only a day before the UA Entrance Exams. Izuku had been both excited and nervous, if you rate it in percentage it'd be 10% Excited and 90% Nervous. Nah, screw that! He was 100% Nervous. He may have been more confident and grew stronger but deep inside he is still a 15 year old kid about to take an exam for high school. He couldn't help but worry. 

"What if I screw up and could do good? What if the Entrance Exam was a lot harder than what the rumors say? What if---" he was cut off his mutterings when a book hit him at the face comically making him fall down. 

"WOULD YOU SHUT UP!!!" Mei uncharacteristically snapped at Izuku. She was mostly eccentric and boisterous, she rarely gets irritated and this was the third time she snapped at Izuku. First was when Izuku forgot to bring the part she needed for a bay she was working on 4 months ago. Second was when Izuku accidentally destroyed her goggles. Just thinking about the latter and what she did to him makes him shiver in fear.

"Okay. I deserved that." Izuku groaned out and stood up while removing the book on his face. He rubbed his aching face with his right hand. "Sorry about that" he said still wincing as he massage his aching nose. 'OW! Looks like my nose is broken. Again.'  He began using his quirk to heal his nose.

Izuku saw her took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of her nose. "You really need to calm down, Izuku. You'll do fine tomorrow and knowing you, I'll bet you will finish the written portion of the test under 10 minutes." she said giving him a small smile as she looked back at her baby and began rearranging the wires. "And you really need to stop with the muttering. It will annoy those around you and in the future it'll give away your location." she said.

"Yeah, sorry force of habit." he said sheepishly while making sure his nose wasn't broken anymore and sighed and relief when he felt it was no longer broken. "Sorry. I just feel nervous, no scratch that. I'm anxious. but thanks for believing in me." he said and smile widely.

"Yeah yeah you're welcome! Now scram! It's almost 6 and Aunty Inko will be furious when you don't go home now." she said standing up and opening her door.

The greenette just chuckled and walked towards the door. "Okay, okay. Thanks for havin' me anyway. See you later., Mei" he said as he exited the door and looked back at her. "Wish me luck for tomorrow."

"You won't be needing luck, Mr. Mercer." she said and Izuku groaned but they both laughed. It had been an inside joke between them that Izuku was basically a 29 year old in a 15 year old kid's body. And Izuku having all his memories in Alex's life had always be a teasing tool for Mei, especially when she found out that one of the memories was an intimate moment between Alex and a chick named Karen Parker. "By the way, you owe me a box of chocolates bars." she said nonchalantly making Izuku's eyes widen as plates.