Chapter 24. The Runaways

[Art above is by 101014pr on DeviantArt]

-----------

"So this is it, kid. To be honest, it was fun teaming up with you. I'd look forward to working with you again." Mirko said as she stopped in front of the receptionist and gave her a piece of paper that has her intern's internship mark. As the receptionist typed in her computer, Mirko looked over at her intern and grinned at him. Looking back at her was Izuku Midoriya a.k.a. as Black Watch.

"Yeah. I guess it was fun, huh?" He said as he smiled back at her, but she noticed that his smile was half-genuine. She would guess this as him being sad that they will have to part ways. If it was that simple.

But no...

Izuku had been like this since their confrontation with Stain, just two days ago. After that fight, she noticed her intern becoming quieter and distant. Probably the stress is just coming at him.

Who wouldn't be stressed out at that? Imagine not even long after you got accepted in UA, then your class gets attacked in the middle of a class, then him exposing all the pain he felt in the past 10 years of his life and now, in his internship, he was pitted face-to-face with the Hero Killer himself and actually won.

A feat that she and even Endeavor wasn't able to accomplish, he should be a lot more confident with that. But there's something that happened back there that caused her intern to feel down.

Unable to stand seeing her intern being down casted, she did the only thing she could think to lighten his mood. She smacked him on top of his head.

Feeling Mirko's fist impacted on his head. It didn't hurt him, but it surprised him. Shock Absorption somehow upgraded during his training with the pro. Izuku slightly flinched when he saw her face. She had her arms crossed and was giving him a glare, but he can feel the worry in there.

Seeing his flinch made Mirko a bit guilty. Sighing, her expression softened, a sight that Izuku had been seeing Mirko do whenever they were alone talking or training. "What's wrong, Midoriya? You've been off since we took Stain to the police. You can tell me what's been bothering you?" She calmly asked, which surprised the receptionist on how calm her boss is.

Izuku contemplated on telling her what was bothering him for the past two days. He thought about it for a bit before deciding there's nothing wrong about it. "I'm fine, honest. Just a bit overwhelmed about everything that just happened." He said as he scratched the back of his head. Sighing a bit, he looked back at her. "I've barely started in UA, yet I already got involved in capturing Stain, and am even able to take credit for it. I don't think I deserve all these praises."

It was true. He expected his internship to be chaotic, knowing who had chosen him and who he chose. But he didn't expect it to be this chaotic. Fighting and beating Stain, taking credit for said achievement and finding out one of his childhood bullies was turned into a Nomu. It was really overwhelming for him.

His mind began remembering the moment where they turned over Stain to the authorities, the chief of police thanked him for his actions, so is Native and Iida. The chief of police allowed Izuku to take the credit for his actions not only in Stain's capture, but also the other villains that were causing havoc throughout Hosu.

Endeavor, who was also there, decided to be a jerk however. He told the police that Izuku should be arrested for illegal quirk usage and demanded to give him the credit of Stain's capture. He was smug and all, until Mirko shut him down by telling the police chief that she gave Izuku to use his quirk, even before coming to Hosu.