Chapter 26. Himiko Toga

Izuku can be seen sitting on his seat as his classmates conversed with each other. They had congratulated him for his early hero induction as soon as he entered the classroom. Some of his classmates saw his new look and most of them liked it, while the girls blushed at his make-over.

Tenya and Shoto gave him approving nods as they made eye contact with him, the former bowing repeatedly at him as a show of gratitude for saving him which Izuku just waved off.

He had just come from the Nurse's Office to check on Eri and Toga, who were both still asleep at that time, before heading to Nezu's office to report the result of his patrols the night before. Since he is now a hero, he can now do patrols during his free time as long as it doesn't hinder his studies. Despite being a hero, he is still a student after all.

It'd been a week since he brought them there and had talked to both girls.

Eri was skeptical to talk to Izuku at first due to her not having much control over her quirk and the fact that she could still remember the pain of the cruel experiments done to her by Overhaul. Despite that, Izuku did his best to get the girl to open up. Which was fruitful to see her smile for the first time as he had gifted her candy apples that his mom made for some reason.

Izuku promised himself to help protect Eri and her smile at all costs. Even if it meant he had to kill another villain to do just that.

Himiko Toga was a different story however.

----------

FLASHBACK

Izuku had just exited Eri's room after getting her to sleep. He smiled as he remembered the smile in her innocent face as she looked straight at him while he sang her a lullaby. It had been a week since he had saved her from Overhaul and she had changed drastically.

Shyness and nervousness can still be seen in the little girl's eyes but not as much as she used to have, while the fear and skepticism was completely changed into curiosity and genuine happiness brought by her savior.

She may still have some trust issues towards the other UA staff, but it doesn't matter. Izuku is just happy that she is in good hands now.

He was about to pass a corner when he suddenly heard a faint whimper. Izuku was about to run back to Eri's room when he heard it coming from the room across from Eri's room. It was coming from Toga's room.

The same girl who had killed so many people. The same girl who did so many crimes. The same girl who Eri said helped her escape from Overhaul.

Despite all of her villainous actions, Izuku couldn't help but be grateful for her helping Eri escape. And just like Eri had said, she had helped Eri run away from Overhaul's grasp, even taking a spike into her torso.

Hearing the whimpers became a bit louder, Izuku approached the room, despite it clearly being a villain's room. He couldn't help it. He just can't just let a person in need suffer even more, especially now that he IS a hero.

Taking the doorknob, he opened the door of the room and cautiously entered it to see Toga sitting on her bed. Sobbing into her knees.

Approaching the crying girl, he called out. "Hey... Toga? Are you okay?" He asked as he mentally kicked himself for asking a stupid question. She is crying her eyes out, of course she's not okay.

Toga visibly flinched and froze as her sobs stopped. She slowly raised her head to show Izuku her tear filled yellow slitted-eyes. He could see so many emotions in her eyes but what stuck out to Izuku was longing.

He could feel some kind of a connection between the two of them as they stared into one another's eyes.

"S-saito?" She asked as she stared at Izuku. Before Izuku could respond to her, he yelped in surprise as he was enveloped in a hug. It confused him for a sec until he suddenly felt his clothes begin to feel damp.