Chapter 27. Saving the Ice Queen and Princess

Muffled sounds of explosions, crashes and screams of panic and pain can be heard from the inside of Fujitani Hospital as two figures can be seen making their way through the hallways of the hospital.

One of them was a young woman with long flaming yellowish-green hair, two bangs on each side. She is clad in a light-gray double-breasted mini dress with orange and black lining and slits on both sides of the skirt. Her collar, belt, and wrist guards are black with a smaller orange line, and the silver buttons resemble flat-headed screws. She also wears a belt with a temperature gauge on the front and a fire extinguisher on the back, black knee-high socks, and short black boots and a black mask connected to a red headband.

The other one is a young woman with long periwinkle hair wearing a royal blue skin-tight bodysuit with a high black collar, pale mint green markings covering her torso from over her shoulders to between her legs, framed with turquoise, a matching stripe of the same two colors around both of her upper arms. On her feet, she wears a pair of knee-high boots, a thinning flap buttoned on each thigh, with turquoise swirls around her ankles, matching the thicker ones above her yellow gauntlets and wrist guards. She has a black strap around the top of each thigh, two small satchels attached, and two spiraling horns of hair protruding from behind her ears.

These two are Moe Kamiji or Burnin and Nejire Hado or Nejire-chan. Sidekick and intern of Endeavor and Ryukyu, respectively. They were tasked with evacuating the hospital staff and their patients. As to why they were being evacuated, it's because of the ongoing villain attack today.

So far, they have evacuated ninety percent of the hospital occupants and are now headed to the top floors, where the psych ward of the hospital is located. As to why the psych ward is located on the top floors and not in a different healing facility is unknown to the duo, they just continued their way to the location, occasionally blasting away villains that had somehow got past the heroes in the entrance.

They had reached the final door of the long hallway, after checking for other patients in the other doors and having some of their bosses' other sidekicks do the evacuation. As Burnin opened the door, they saw three people huddled together.

One was a nurse with dark green hair tied up in a ponytail, the other was a middle-aged woman with straight shoulder-length white hair, and the last one was a young woman wearing red-framed, rectangular glasses, with white hair with noticeable traces of red mixed in. The latter two of the trio appeared familiar to the heroine.

'Shit! It's the boss' wife and daughter.' the fiery young woman said to herself as she and Nejire approached the trio.

"Don't panic, ma'ams. Everything will be alright." she said as she helped the nurse, which is Inko, up to her feet, ignoring the look of recognition from the third woman. "We'll take you to the evacuation site."

Nejire helped the other two up as they began to exit the building, flinching as explosions echoed from the outside battles. Occasionally comforting the panicking Inko and the third woman, who is known to be Fuyumi Todoroki, while the second woman, Rei Todoroki, was calm as if she was used to these events.

They were on their way to the emergency exit, the walls of the hallway exploded from each side as a large figure with a very muscular build emerged from the hole. "Boss Kai? Eri? Are you two there?" a bellowing voice said, making the rest of the group flinch.

The man was wearing a black tank top with a stand-by symbol, olive drab pants with an armor-looking belt, blue socks, and a pair of orange sneakers. On his hands are a pair of massive gauntlets and knuckledusters on his fists. But the most noticeable feature was the black plague mask covering his face. Said mask has red lines, white eyes and gold detail around the neck.