Chapter 30. Summer Camp Experience

"For the love of God, Shoto! Quit calling me your brother-in-law!" Izuku's voice echoed throughout UA's school yard. His face beet red as he sent a glare towards his friend, who wasn't even fazed.

"Why not?"Shoto asked, tilting his head. "You saved my mom and sister's life from a villain. You are worthy of continuing the Todoroki bloodline with your own."

"How does that even make any sense?!" Izuku yelled indignantly. "And besides, I'm not even in a relationship with your sister-"

"Yet." Shoto said, cutting him off.

"Yet- I mean, NO! I don't even know her that well and just interacted with her once. And that interaction was just her thanking me for saving her!" he said, his face blushing like a storm.

"Well, that can easily be arranged, brother-in-law." the dual-colored haired boy said with a shrug.

"STOP CALLING ME THAT!" Izuku yelled, activating Erasure in the process. His annoyance reached new heights.

"Fine, I'll stop calling you brother-in-law." he said, earning an indignant "thank you" from Izuku, but continued talking. "I'll call you Dad instead."

"YOU SON OF A-" that was the moment where Iida chose to jump in between, before Izuku could tear Todoroki to shreds. The taller boy barely held Izuku back as Todoroki continued walking towards the bus waiting for them outside UA's walls.

Izuku was still blushing in embarrassment and annoyance as he followed the ice/fire user, while most of the guys in Class 1A, including Katsuki, snorted in amusement while the girls just looked on with varying looks of jealousy, confusion and amusement. Despite his initial annoyance, Izuku couldn't help but worry for some reason.

It had been two days since the Kiyashi Ward incident. After his encounter with Tomura Shigaraki and being threatened to be killed, he had felt that this Training Camp was a bad idea. He wasn't afraid of the villain's threat, he was confident that he could easily beat Shigaraki.

But something tells him that the villain is planning something big, being bold enough to go to public and threaten the hero. He could just be paranoid at the same time, he could be right. And he hoped it's just the former.

Shaking his paranoia away, he looked up to the direction of the bus. Only for his left eye to twitch when he saw Monoma and the rest of Class 1B. The presence of their sister class wasn't the thing that ticked him off, but it was Monoma's crazed look as he spoke up.

"Wha-? Class 1A needs supplementary lessons? That means someone got a failing mark?!" Monoma said with a smug look on his face. Before the copycat could talk some more trash, Izuku cut him off.

"Wouldn't that mean someone in your class also failed?" he said bluntly, making the blonde boy sputter. This earned a smirk on Izuku's face. 'Too easy.' "And judging by your reaction, it looks like that person was you?"

Izuku's guess probably was right when the 1B student looked at him with an angry expression. Monoma was about to talk back when he was knocked out by a chop to his neck courtesy of Itsuka.

"Sorry about Monoma." the orange-haired girl said, to which Izuku just waved off. "Anyway, how have you been, Midoriya?"

"I'm doing well. Busy with class and patrols as always, but it's manageable." he said to the martial artist. He then caught a glance with the other Class 1B students and even waved at Setsuna and Kinoko, the latter of which blushed profusely, something that made Izuku chuckle inwardly.

Though, he blinked for three reasons. One, because Ibara Shiozaki somehow kept her hair/vines short, like how he had cut them in the Sports Festival. Two, the girl he had bumped into back in Kiyashi Ward was also a UA student. No wonder she looked familiar. Three, the fact that some of the guys in Class 1B are glaring at him. To be specific, a guy with a mantis mutation, a guy with a bandana, a black-skinned guy with white hair, and a guy with short brown hair and oval-shaped eyes.