Chapter 14. Run, Catch and Win!

Previously~~

"So let's get cracking... On your marks.." Midnight said as the lights  on the top of the gate shift from red to yellow..

All Class 1A students began to show a look of determination. Izuku began channeling his quirk on his feet. 'This is it!! For Alex!! For mom!! and most importantly.. For myself!!' Izuku thought to himself as he readied to run to the next chapter--- I mean to the gates. THE GATESSS!!!

As the lights shift to green, horns were heard as Midnight's voice echoed in the whole stadium.

"STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART!!!!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As the gates open, noises of feet stomping on the ground were so loud as soon as everyone was gunning it through the narrow tunnel.

Izuku noticed that the start gate was too narrow to fit everyone. And just as he noticed that, students were banging to each other. Getting squished, and someone's gonna get hurt soon.

"Okay, here's the play-by-play! Are you ready to do the commentary, Mummy Man?" Sitting beside Present Mic is a bandaged Eraser Head. The bandages were wrapped around his head, but his eyes were left uncovered. A glare can be seen in the mummified hero.

"You're the one who forced me to come." Aizawa groaned while still looking at the noisiest hero beside him.

"Let's go right away, Mummy Man. What should we pay attention to in the early stages?" the noisy hero said, completely ignoring Aizawa's glare.

Aizawa was silent for a second before he said. "This part right... now." he said as he look at the tunnel.

Meanwhile in the tunnel, you can hear every student shouting.

"Hey, hey! This is too narrow!"

Similar words can be head from the other students. Everyone was hurting and sweating as they continue to move forward, step by step.

As the other students yelp in pain, Izuku noticed that there was a ceiling in the tunnel and immediately thought of a plan.

He need to jump up to use Wallcrawling. But with a narrow space jammed with students, he needs a boost. He look around the squirming crowd and saw something, or someone. He saw a familiar patch of purple balls, his former classmate. The guy was short and  he thought he could use him as a boost.

Izuku quietly said his apologies and stepped on the patch of purple ball and jumped to the ceiling. He heard the purple midget yelp in pain. Using Wallcrawling, he attached to the ceiling using his hands and feet then quickly ran his way to the exit of the gates.

While he was above everyone, he heard the students yelling and groaning as they try to move to no avail. He even heard Bakugo curse someone from Class 1B. Probably Monoma.

Izuku was near the exit when he saw Todoroki exit the gate. 

"Our first filter." the dual haired boy said as he sprint his way out of the gate while freezing the ground, along with the other students. 

"OW!! What the hell I can't move!!"
"BRR!! BRR!!!"
"YOU BASTARD"

Izuku heard from the other participants who were unlucky to be literally frozen in place. He was lucky to be able to stick on the ceiling. Looking down he saw all of his classmates unaffected by the frozen ice field. 

Exiting the gate, Izuku used Glide to propel himself away from the gate. 

"You'll have to try harder than that, Todoroki!" Izuku yelled as he land on the ice field and channeled his quirk on his feet to sprint past the ice user, almost knocking ice boy off balance.