Chapter 13. Declaration of War!

AFTER CLASS

As the rest of the class pack their things up, Izuku can be seen in his seat deep in thought. The sports festival is coming closer and he just unlocked another ability/abilities after the USJ incident. 

He was thinking of training his newly gained ability when the thought of what All Might had offered him came in his mind.

FLASHBACK

"I-i'm sorry, All Might. Can you repeat what you just said? I think I just heard you offer your quirk to me.." Izuku said as he cleaned his ear. He could've swore he just just heard the Number 1 Hero offered him to inherit the man's quirk.

All Might just sighed. "You heard me right, Young Midoriya." he said as he looked at the greenette who is looking even shocked. 

"Why me? Why do you chose me?" Izuku said as he lower his head. Not really getting the point of this whole conversation

"Back in the Entrance Exams, I saw you run after the Zero Pointer to save Young Uraraka even if it doesn't benefit you. And in USJ, you let your classmates and sensei escape as you hold of the villains. Just by looking at those actions, I can really tell that you are worthy to  inherit my strength." he paused to look at Izuku who was looking at him now before he continued. 

"It's the power to transfer power and the name of that vaunted ability to which I've been entrusted is none other that One For All."

'One For All' Izuku repeated in a whisper.

"Yes, young Midoriya. A quirk passed down from generation to generation. In doing so brave hearts with unwavering calls to save lives can burnish this might." All Might paused to  look at the boy then continued. "So young Midoriya, would you accept my quirk to save lives?" he asked the now deep in thought boy.

Izuku thought about how it would help him gain extra power. It will make him a lot stronger, and in addition to his current quirk, it'll make him unstoppable. Just thinking about it made him smirk, but quickly removed the smirk when he remembered how Alex entrusted him with the Blacklight. 

Alex believed in him with the power of the Blacklight Virus now turned quirk. He remembered how he trained his ass off to master his quirk and after what happened in USJ he have new abilities to master thanks to James.

And inheriting One For All, a lot more training is needed. Not that his complaining but looking at what All Might had just told him, if he were to accept the quirk, he would have his hands full. He would practically be like All Might...

Would he even want to be like All Might? Would he even want to inherit One For All? 

After thinking about it in a few more moments, he nodded to himself and raised his head to meet All Might's gaze. He looked at the man's eyes with pure determination.

"That's is a great offer, All Might. It would be an honor to inherit the quirk of the Symbol of Peace himself." he paused when he saw All Might smile. Izuku sighed and continued. "But I'm sorry, I can't accept your quirk." 

As he said that All Might's smile faded and a look of sadness and confusion showed in his face. It didn't felt right to Izuku to see All Might rejected.

"You see, I just got my quirk not even a year ago. There is still a lot of things and abilities that I need to learn and master. If I get your quirk, no one would know what will happen to my body I both quirks are in me. I hope you understand." he paused to breathe and quickly continued. "And I think there are others who you might know would be more worthy than I am.."