Part 24

"Why weren't you paying attention in class?" Tails asked confused.

"Well..." Silver started doubtfully, "Shadow was practising his guitar outside. I just wanted to listen."

"Silver you need to be careful," Tails spoke sternly to his friend, "You already got extra homework for coming in late at geography and now you also have detention for chemistry, all in one week. That isn't like you."

"I know," Silver spoke ashamed.

"Just keep in mind that it's a great opportunity for you to be here at college, please don't mess it up."

"It's just hard," Silver complained.

"It isn't that hard at all, you just need to focus on what's important."

"Yeah I know."

Silver went to music class and Tails followed because he wanted to start his research on virtuoso during this class. They entered the theatre hall where some students were already practising and Silver immediately spotted Shadow on stage, and their heart skipped a beat when Shadow looked up at them. He wanted to come over to talk to Silver but all the other students also stopped practising when they saw Silver and went over enthusiastically. Shadow looked disappointed not being able to talk to Silver privately.

"Thank you so much for filling in for me," Mathilda said as first, "I felt so guilty for getting that annoying migraine. But I saw you did great!"

"Yeah Silver really did do so good!" The bass player added.

"I have to say I'm very proud of you Silver," The teacher said. "The band really took a big risk by letting you play."

"I know, but it's all Sonic's fault," Silver joked, "He was guilt tripping me."

"Hey don't blame me that you're an amazing pianist," Sonic replied with a shrug holding up his hands.

"Did you like playing in the band?" The teacher asked.

"Yeah it sure was fun, but also kinda scary." Silver said with mixed feelings.

"I'm not surprised, I could see you were nervous from the videos but when you started playing it went really well," She continued as Silver smiled proudly. "Well let's start today's lesson."

During the lesson Silver continued learning how to read sheet music with Mathilda helping them. For now Tails only took some notes for his research. It was interesting to see that Silver had difficulties reading the sheet music but after they had tried a song two times it all went flawlessly. But Silver didn't look over at the sheet music the third time playing, Tails noticed.

The teacher herself was constantly walking towards the other students and giving them some personal feedback. She also went over to Tails to talk to him about what he was researching. She was very interested in Tails' research and said that his father's diagnoses of Silver being a virtuoso might be right.

Shadow looked over at Silver multiple times but Silver was working too concentrated to notice. He just really wanted to talk to Silver and apologise for getting them in trouble. When the class almost ended the teacher asked for their attention. "I wanted to let you all know early, but the principal has asked if the school band could play at the Halloween party this year."

They all looked excited and all agreed on doing so but Silver was still not completely sure.

"Ow come on Silver, don't be so modest! You really rocked last Friday. And this time you even have some weeks to practise with us. So you will probably even do better, if that's possible," Sonic encourage them.