Part 85

Silver panted as they reached the alley. "Sorry I can't stay," Silver said as the cats started to meow excitedly. They crawled on the mattress and took the brick out to take all the essentials out and put it in their backpack. They opened a can of cat food and gave it to the cats. With tears in their eyes Silver looked at their cats, "I don't know when I will be back." They roughly wiped away their tear and ran off.

They tried not to panic as they ran out of the city, their lungs were burning as they had never ran for such a long time.

_________________

Sonic splashed some water into Shadow's face and patted his cheek to wake him up. He grunted and rubbed his head as he woke up. He looked up at Sonic confused.

"What are you doing here?" he looked next to him and saw Espio still unconscious. "What happened?"

"I was wondering the same thing," Sonic said and started to wake up Espio. "Haven't you seen anything? Everything started floating around all of a sudden."

"SILVER!" Espio shouted as his eyes shot open and he woke up. He looked startled as he saw Sonic was the one who woke him up. He rubbed his head and looked at the mess and the broken windows, "Where is Silver?" Espio quickly stood up and wobbled a bit on his feet.

"Hey take it easy, you've been unconscious for a while," Sonic said while he steadied Espio.

Espio leaned against the wall as he felt a little dizzy. "Where is Silver, how long have I been out?"

"Silver left," Sonic answered. Shadow and Espio looked at each other shocked. "You two have been out for fifteen minutes."

"They could be anywhere by now," Shadow grunted and stood up. "I'll go check if Silver is at home," he said to Espio. "Can you try and track where Silver is?"

Espio frowned and nodded, "Will do."

They wanted to leave the room and Sonic looked confused at what just happened, "Shadow? What's going on?"

"No time to explain, I need to find Silver."

"Can I help?"

"Help Espio," Shadow said as he sped off.

"Follow me," Espio said and ran through the hallway to his own dorm followed by Sonic.

"Espio, seriously, what's going on?" Sonic asked confused.

"Silver is unstable," Espio answered.

"Unstable? What do you mean by that?"

Espio quickly went into his room which was also a big mess and took his laptop out of the drawers. "I can't tell you anything," Espio spoke stern.

"Why not?"

Espio turned angry to Sonic, "Do you want to help or do you want to keep asking stupid questions? Because if it is the latter, I need you to leave."

Sonic looked offended but kept quiet.

"Good. Give me your phone," Espio said and held out his hand. Confused Sonic passed Espio his phone. Espio took it and plugged it to his laptop. "I want you to call Silver, try not to upset them. Make sure you keep them talking for at least 3 minutes. Can you do that?"

"Why won't you call?" Sonic asked.

"I don't think Silver will pick up if Shadow or I called them at the moment."

Sonic wanted to asked why, but he thought it was better not to asked anymore questions. Espio's phone buzzed, he looked and read Shadow's message.

'Silver's not home,