Part 164

Silver looked a little shocked at Espio by hearing Harold's voice, noticing he probably wasn't in the best mood.

Espio took a deep tensed breath and opened the door, he held it open for them to enter first. They smiled a little doubtful at him but stepped inside. Harold was sitting behind his desk which looked very clean and tidied up. Espio closed the door behind them and nodded towards the desk to invite Silver to come closer. Nervously they walked to the desk where Harold was sitting arrogantly and proud, he wore his formal uniform with all his badges pinned onto it.

Because of Silver's nerves it felt like a very long walk till they finally reached the desk, even though it only took a few steps. Harold stood up from his chair and walked towards them and held out a hand, which Silver shook. Somehow they felt small and too awkward in his presence and didn't dare to look up into Harold's eyes, scared and nervous for him to find out about their relationship.

"Good afternoon, I'm Harold," he said with a formal tone in his voice, "I've heard some interesting things about you."

"Hi, I'm Silver," they said with a small voice.

Harold frowned as he look down at them, still slightly shaking Silver's hand. He thought it was quite rude for them not looking up at him and the way Silver shook his hand felt weak. He looked them up and down, "You look familiar," he said.

Silver froze for a moment and their eyes quickly moved to Espio, "You've met Silver's twin sister, Silvia, my girlfriend," Espio explained.

"Ah," Harold responded shortly and turned his back to them to go back to his seat behind his desk, he made a gesture towards the seats in front of him to offer them to take a seat. Silver nodded and sat down as Espio took the seat next to him. Harold intertwined his fingers and looked to Silver, "So what is it you can do?" he asked to directly get to the point.

Silver cleared their thought nervous, "I-I can move things."

Harold raised his eyebrows interested, "you can move things? How?"

Their eyes moved nervously towards Espio.

"We think it's a form of telekineses, but they can't control it yet," he said

"But you are training him right?"

"We have practiced a few times, but it's very difficult and dangerous," Espio said stern as he wanted to be clear about that.

"I want to see it."

"Sir it's dangerous, they have lost control over their powers a couple of times already. Silver first needs to control their emotions. I'm teaching them to meditate to first get that under-"

"Meditation!?" Harold said and for the first time he looked at Espio with a disgusted expression. "Not that bullshit again!"

Silver's ears dropped as Harold raised his voice towards Espio.

"I told you before, meditation is a very important part when using any kind of powers, if you can't control your emotions you can't cont-"

Harold slammed the table, which made Silver flinch, "Shut it," Harold said through gritted teeth. He turned his gaze towards Silver. "I need to talk to Espio in private, go to the hallway," he commanded.

Silver looked shocked towards Espio who slightly nodded to let them know it will be okay. "O-okay," they said with a trembling in their voice. They stood up and went to the door. It didn't feel good to leave Espio alone with his father in this condition, but they had promised to do everything Espio would tell them to do. They looked at Espio's back before closing the door.

As soon as Silver closed the door they could hear Harold shout through the door. "You're supposed to train the special forces to do their job, not to make them in to a bunch of weak hippies, train them to get strong and use their powers that's your job! Don't make them as weak and pathetic as you are!" They sighed and felt bad for Espio, the way his father was shouting at him, it made them feel even worse about the discussion they had before. Espio was trying so hard to do good. They sighed frustrated as they felt worried about him.