Part 45

'Are you coming to school today?' It was early in the morning and Silver texted Tails. But they didn't get an immediate response.

Silver yawned as they was still pretty tired, they had only slept for 3 or 4 hours. Silver looked back at the text conversation with Shadow and blushed as they read it. It was just funny that when they were texting during the storm, Silver really wasn't scared anymore while talking with Shadow. 'That was nice,' Silver thought.

Shadow looked down and took his phone as he saw Silver was looking at it, 'Good morning beautiful,' he sent.

Silver saw the message coming in and smiled, 'Morning handsome,' they texted back.

'Did you have a good night sleep?'

'A little, I'm still tired. How did you sleep?'

'My bed felt empty without you.'

"Daw just look at that," Silver said to their cats and showed them the text message from Shadow, "Isn't he the sweetest." Silver said with a smile.

Shadow chuckled silently.

'Did you have some breakfast? I don't have anything at home so will be going to the baker before school. Want me to bring something for you?' Shadow texted.

'I also don't have anything at home, if it's not too much to ask,' Silver send back.

'Not a problem, see you at the corner,' Shadow texted.

'See you there.'

Silver freshened up and changed into some dry trousers, their yellow sweater and pulled on their denim jacket. It was still early but they couldn't wait any longer to see Shadow again so they said goodbye to their cats after giving them something to eat. They took the umbrella they found yesterday and went for a walk towards their usual corner.

Silver's phone buzzed, 'Hi Silver, sorry, I'm still sick. I don't think I will be well tomorrow either.'

Silver sighed after reading Tails' text. 'Too bad, hope you get better soon,' they typed back.

It wasn't raining hard but Silver stood waiting at the corner underneath the umbrella. They could hear the soft ticking of the rain on the canvas. Silver waited excitedly and every time they heard something they immediately looked in direction Shadow normally came from.

"What are you looking at?"

Silver was startled as Shadow was suddenly standing next to them and grinned. He carried a bag and a tray with two steaming cups.

"I was looking for you," Silver said and held the umbrella higher so Shadow could get under it as well.

Shadow moved closer and leaned in to kiss Silver, "I've missed those lips of yours," Shadow whispered.

Silver blushed. "I really missed you last night, but I liked texting with you, it made the storm less scary."

"I liked texting with you too. But to have you next to me is a hundred times better."

Shadow took Silver's umbrella to hold and Silver took the bag he was carrying. Together they walked towards school, Silver had their arm locked into Shadow's.

"I really hope the weather will be better tomorrow for sports day," Shadow said.

"Ugh yeah, I'm not looking forward to that."

"Sports day isn't so bad."

It was still very early when they entered the school so it was still quite empty. They went over to Silver's locker and sat on the floor next to each other. Shadow passed Silver their hot tea which they took with both hands to warm up a little and took a sip.