Part 177

Their detention was quite boring that day. The teacher was sitting at his desk preparing his tests for the test week in silence. Espio and Silver used their time individually to meditate. Silver concentrated their thoughts on the matter with Shadow, to try and give their anger a rest before meeting up with him in a bit. Silver let out a deep sigh as they felt their anger towards Shadow fade away a little.

After one and a half hours the teacher announced they were allowed to leave. They both wished him a good evening before going to the library to meet up with Shadow.

"I think you were right," Silver said as they walked the hallways.

Espio looked at them in surprise with raised eyebrows.

"I do feel bad about you getting hurt, but nothing will change it anyway. I do not agree with Shadow's actions, but I think I could understand it and that he didn't mean to hurt you," They said, still doubtful. The rest and quietness during their detention gave them time to reflect on it all properly. "It was just an accident."

A smile formed on Espio's lips as he looked at them. "I'm happy to hear you see it that way," he spoke, relieved.

Silver came a little closer and hooked their arm into his and hugged it tightly, "I'm just worried about you. I don't want to see you in pain, you don't deserve that," They stroked his arm caringly.

"You don't have to worry about me," Espio said with a slight blush on his cheeks because of their touch. "I will be fine, it will be healed in no time, I'm sure of it," he assured them.

Silver smiled and nodded. To Espio's disappointment, Silver let go of his arm again as they reached the library, knowing it would be best if Shadow didn't see them like that. They walked to the back where Shadow was sitting at the table of that morning where he was, surprisingly, studying.

"Hey," Silver said as they stood at Shadow's table, while Espio sat down.

Shadow looked up surprised towards Silver who looked nervously at Shadow, "Hey," he responded and smiled at them.

Silver looked away and scratched their arm, getting more nervous by looking into Shadow's ruby eyes. They cleared their throat, "I'm sorry," They said quietly.

A small smile appeared on Shadow's face, though he tried to suppress it. He saw how Silver stood nervously in front of him, fiddling with the fabric of their sweater, and it looked rather cute. He carefully held out his hand to take Silver's, who looked at their hands in surprise upon feeling his touch, "You had every right to be angry with me," he said carefully and pulled their hand a little so Silver had to take a step forward.

Espio looked at the both of them from the corner of his eye as he placed his study book on the table. He saw how Shadow rubbed their hand with his thumb.

"I didn't mean for Espio to get hurt like that," he said and looked at Espio, who quickly looked back at his book and looked back at Silver, "It won't happen again, I promise."

"I know," Silver said with a small smile and looked into Shadow's ruby eyes.

"So we are good?" Shadow asked hopefully.

Silver nodded with a shy smile, "Yes, we are good."

Shadow's eyes brightened at their words, "Can I give you a hug?" He asked carefully.

A chuckle escaped Silver's lips. They thought for a moment and slowly nodded, "Yeah, I think you can."

Shadow stood up from his seat and wrapped his arms around them to pull them into a tight hug. Silver rested their head on Shadow's chest and closed their eyes as they could hear Shadow's slow and steady breathing above them. He stroked their quills and slowly inhaled their comforting, cherry-like scent. Espio watched quietly but he smiled at Silver when they opened their eyes and looked at him, he gave them an encouraging nod.