Sherlock - A Child?

Sherlocks POV

"Triple homicide, only left the poor tramitized child." Lestrade explained as we ducted under the police tape, john struggling behind me to keep up with my pace.

"How old was the girl?" I continued, I didn't feel anything out of the ordinary, it was a case after all. Fun.

"5, she has no grandparents, so after we ask some questions she'll go to an orphanage." He said solomnly. I was led to the room with the bodies with john following and immediately got to work. I started with the wife; late thirties, unhappy marrige, was crying, shot in the heart, in the garden recently, another cologne on her, so cheating.

Now the husband; I had to flip him over to see where he was shot. He looked very much like me, dark curly hair, high cheekbones, except his eyes were dark brown. He was shot in the frontal lobe, instant death, worked in construction, nervous disorder judging by his bitten nails, unbuttoned shirt, the couple were fighting before murdered, and oh! There is a hair different then his on his stomach so it's likely it is the killers.

I happily picked up the hair with tweezers and carefully dropped it on a bag to be analyzed. I shoved it into anderson and told him that it would most likely lead us to the killer. Then I went to lestrade and told him I wanted to see the girl.

"Sherlock, she's highly tramitized, if you really want to then try to be,well, no-"

"Yes not myself, got it. Come along John." John and I walked towards the room that was containing the little girl. He opened the door for me and I walked in to see a stupid daycare employee not even caring for the poor girl, how imbecilic.

"Get out and go back to your husband, or should I say your boyfriend he doesn't know about?" I gritted through my teeth, and the employee walked out quickly giving me the normal stunned face, then death glare. Been there done that!

I calmed down and looked at the sheet that had the girls name on it. I looked back up and saw a little ball in the corner, with little braids and little hands that clutched onto a stuffed toy.

"Hello Y/N, do you want to come out and play?" I asked in a subsequently higher voice pitch, trying to think of something to get her out of the corner. When that didn't work I walked up to her and sat cross-legged before her. She slowly lifted her head to reveal her big, beautiful e/c eyes. When she saw me her eyes twinkled compared to their dull state a second before.

"Y-you look like my d-daddy." She said beginning to cry again. She began to approach me, and I picked her up and placed her in my lap as she was desperately trying to stuff her face into my chest. Is this what all children do? She grabbed my shirt and cried into it. I felt rubbed her back and rocked her back and forth to calm her down as instructed by John through silent movements. He seemed baffled by what I was doing, well I was too of course. Baffled, but yet I couldn't bring myself to stop comforting the little girl. It felt right to do this.

"How about we go to my flat, and you can stay there with me for as long as you want." I said with a smile on my face as I wrapped my scarf around her as best I could. She fell asleep in my arms with a small smile on her face while I took her through the door of 221B Baker St.

Little did I know that only a month later I would be Y/N's new dad.