Lestrade - Comfort

For TerryThomas828
Girl u be awesome~enjoy

"Come on love!" John called to his daughter trailing behind him.

"Oi, be quiet! I'm usually the one hauling your as-" Y/N grumbled, but was cut of by her father cutting her off from profanity. He gave her a quick glare before quickly opened the door to the familiar building, much like a second home.

John shooshed her in and tapped his foot anxiously as they waited for the elevator. Y/N noticed this and wondered why her dad, an ex-army veteran was so nervous because they were simply late.

"Dad, calm down, we're late by like 5 minutes." Y/N said softly as the elevator doors slid closed.

"You don't understand being late like I do." He scolded.

The doors opened, and the two began to walk through the wide hallway to the conference room.

"Sherlock is a piece of work when we're late." John grumbled, and quickened his pace. Y/N lagged back, dreading that her father made her present evidence that she had found. She truly didn't like being in front of people, let alone trying to casually get information across.

As Sherlock scolded John upon entry, Y/N set up her laptop not noticing The silver haired gentlemen curiously watching her.

"Hi, ah, who are you?" The gentleman presented himself in front or Y/N, offering a hand to the struggling lady.

"Uh, oh I'm Y/N Watson, John's daughter." She smiled firmly, happy that the man had helped her with stupid wires.

"I'm the D.I., Greg Lestrade."

"I've heard so much about you." Y/N half giggles and tucks a piece of stray hair behind her ear.

"Funny, I haven't heard anything about you."

"Wow, that makes me feel really good." She chuckled half heartedly, a little hurt.

The colour dropped from Greg's face, he immediately noticed Y/N's tone.

"No- I didn't mean-" he stuttered, trying to make her feel a bit better.

"It's ok Greg." She said patting his stiff shoulder. The touch ran like electricity through their bodies, and Y/N finally noticed how attractive Greg was, how chic, how he had such kind eyes. Y/N paused for a moment, just taking in his complexion as he did hers. "I, have to do the presentation."

His pupils dilated, and he snapped out of whatever trance he was. He nodded slowly, but spoke quick. "Yes, yes right. Presentation."

Y/N dusted off her pants and cleared her throat. The room eventually quieted and she tried to keep her calm even though her social anxiety started to kick in.

"Hi, I'm Y/N Watson and I'm here regarding the Wendy Soo case." Her voice quavered and her palms were already clammy.

After 10 minutes, Y/N was ready to sink to the ground and cry, but she held her spot even though everyone could see her anxiousness. The break interval came after many tedious and frightful minutes. Y/N practically ran out of the room, the air was just too thick.

Frantic footsteps followed her, and she slammed into the wall and covered her mouth, trying to calm her rapidly beating heart.

"Y/N, Y/N are you okay?" Lestrade huffed, wrapping an arm around Y/N's shoulder.

"I can't do it Greg!" She cried.

"What, why, you were doing fine!" He argued.

"I have anxiety, it's so h-hard for me."

"Hey, hey, it's ok. How about me, you, and some coffee eh?" Greg suggested, trying to cheer her up.

"Really?" Y/N could no longer hear her heartbeat, it had settled and she could finally breathe again.

"Yeah, well if you want to."

"Oh, of-of course." Y/N stuttered, her nervousness trailing back.

She took a deep breath and held Greg's hand in hers.

"I know this...this is a weird question but would you stand up there with me? I don't care if you don't say anything but-" Y/N nervously asked.

"Of course. Then coffee." He smiles and slowly leads Y/N back to the conference room.

"Okay love, 10 more minutes and we're done." Greg reassured her. She nodded and took a deep breath, the only good thing awaiting her was the coffee date with Greg after all this is over.

There you go Tessa. Hope everyone enjoyed, please vote and comment :)

-CW