Sherlock - Unexplainable Feelings

For jensenisinmyeyes

Sherlock's POV:

"John." I acknowledged, my hands where posed under my chin as I sat cross legged on the couch. I had exited my mind palace just as he was putting on his jacket.

"Sherlock." John replied with a small nod. I frowned remembering Geoff had given me an intriguing case that would most definitely get my mind off of a particular someone for a bit. I unfolded my legs and stood up, knees cracking as I swiftly approached John with only a few strides. "Where are you going? You don't have work today." I tightened my lips slightly as John shrugged. "I was going out today actually. With Y/N..." My nose wrinkled slightly, he said it as if I was a young child, slow. "Great." I said sarcastically. "I'll do the case myself." I mumbled and turned away, walking back to the wall above the couch and staring at it as information would usually be messily posted there but I hadn't started the case, so naturally there was nothing there. Of course I acted nonchalant about it and as always John brushed it off thinking I was expertly sorting something in my head. He could be so dull sometimes.

"Sorry, you never said anything." John frowned, he had that look on his face like 'whats the matter with you?'. I could tell without even turning around. "Go away, I need to concentrate." I mumbled to John, he rolled his eyes and went off to see Y/N. She was the problem. I can't get anything from her...She's different, kind, what is IT?!

I growled and ruffled my hair, walking over the coffee table to my bedroom, throwing on some clothes, then my scarf and jacket. "I'm going out Mrs. Hudson!" I called to her before I slammed the door shut and hurried into the streets. John obviously wouldn't take Y/N out to the cinema or a lunch date. John, if he claimed they were just friends would most likely take her out for coffee and a walk through the park like he does with most of his friends.

I hurried to spot John within the crowd of people walking on the streets leading to his favourite park. I managed to spot his blond hair and stiff posture. With him was Y/N, her y/h/c hair waving softly in the spring wind London offered. I slowed my pace considerably and observed them but mostly Y/N, how she walked, talked, smiled, laughed, everything. Besides the regular profiling I couldn't gather much evidence. What are you turning stupid Sherlock? Well, at least I couldn't turn as stupid as my brother. Maybe I'm turning soft...but how could I have let her in? I've barely talked to her yet every time we've spoken I trip over words. I can't think completely straight. "How do I stop this?" I growled quietly to myself. I looked up from my little daze and frowned, I had lost John and Y/N. "Bollocks." I mumbled and returned home not bothering to follow them, John didn't seem to flirt but she laughed quite a lot at what he said, and smiled that wonderful smile as well. Draught, why am I thinking like this?!

In a far corner of my mind a terrible thought arose. What if John and Y/N were attempting to date?

The door interrupted me again, that seemed to be happening a lot. My eyes pried open to see John carrying his jacket and letting himself in. I glared sourly at him behind his back, but wasn't quick enough to wipe it off before he turned around.

"Whats wrong with you?"

"Nothing." I muttered.

"Course you are, you're always upset." John rolled his eyes.

"Piss off!" I snapped taking him by surprise. John frowned slightly. "Is it because I went out today? You never get like this."

"Well you seem to prefer time with her more then me." I muttered, I wasn't necessarily jealous of John spending less time with me, I was jealous he was spending time with Y/N. I wanted to spend time with her but I couldn't figure out how. Everyone thinks I'm some stuck up prick. Well that may be partially true but it's only because they have a brain equivalent to andersons.

"Oh my God are you jealous?" John smiled thinking that this was a riot, I growled in frustration. "Shut up!"

"Sherlock Holmes is jealous of me." John snickered, I shook my head disappointedly. "I thought I was supposed to be the child." I muttered.

"If you like her so much you should just talk to her. She's easy to talk to." John shrugged

"It is not about Y/N!"

"It is too!"

"Well it can't happen anyway john! I'm too weird. Different. No one wants to have a romantic relationship with me! God what am I saying!" I growled with my head in my hands. I am going soft. Mycroft was right which pains me to say.

The room went silent, I stared intently at the floor hoping john would just walk away and leave me alone for a few days. Soft footsteps started to approach me, they were definitely not John's. alarmed I looked up and Y/N was crouched in front of me, our face only inches apart.

"Don't ever think someone wouldn't fall in love with you. Because someone already has." She said softly, my face warmed considerably. Did she know about Irene?

Slowly she leaned in and her lips touched mine, they were warm and soft, I didn't know what to do, I was utterly frozen with my face as hot as a boiling kettle and as red as a cherry. All I could do was softly kiss Y/N back and wrap my arm around her waist as she sat down on the arm of my chair. 

John smiled softly and put down Y/N's coat beside her, she had come up only for her coat that john had accidentally brought up after holding it for her, but in turn had heard everything the two were discussing.

-------

It was true. Someone was madly in love with Sherlock. Y/N . And he was madly in love with her as well.  Without his secret jealousy perhaps Sherlock would have never shown his true feelings to Y/N.