3.The Mark Of Nimueh

Merlin stood in the lower town with Gaius and History as they looked over corpse that was face down in the street

"Aren't you scared?" Merlin asks as two people walked by and Gaius and History sit up on their knees to look at him.

"Of what?" Gauis asks as he and History look over at the young man.

"That you might catch whatever it is."

"I'm the Court Physician Merlin this is part of my job. Most of the time there's nothing really to be scared of." Gaius turns the body so the man was on his back. The man was pale, with eyes white, and blue veins. The three all look at each other with looks of surprise and slight fear.

"You were saying." History reaches over and hits her brother's arm because it wasn't the time.

"People mustn't see this they'll panic." Gaius says looking around at the people in the lower town. Merlin grabs a sheet and the three quickly cover the dead man's body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gwen walks around her table and over to her father with a plate and wrapped-up sandwich in her hand.

"Dad, here's your sandwich." Gwen said as she set the plate and sandwich on the table.

"Ooh." Tom said with a short laugh as he walked over, grabbed the sandwich, and smelled it before turning to his daughter. "Mmm, what's in it?"

"It's smoked pigeon." Gwen walked over and stood next to her father with a small smile. "But I'd say there's more smoke than pigeon."

The ward's servant walks past her father who chuckled at her statement.

"You're such a good girl to me." The young woman picks up some flowers before walking over and standing next to her father.

"And I've done you some watercress soup tonight." Gwen said with another smile before she turned around to walk away.

"Don't tell me." Tom said causing his daughter to stop in her tracks and turn around to look at him again. "With more water in it than cress?"

Gwen laughs making her father laugh as well before they hugged.

"I'll see you later." Gwen pats her father's back before letting go and walking toward the exit of her small home.

"K. Bye." Tom smiles and turns around as his daughter opens the front door and walks out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merlin, History, and Gaius wheel the body over the castle drawbridge. Gwen approaches from behind them carrying the flowers she had at home.

"What are you doing?" The three hear Gwen ask making them stop and turn to find her walking over with a smile.

"Oh ah just moving something." Merlin says as he and History walk around to the other side stepping in front of the wheelbarrow. Their backs were facing her as she moved to the left to take a look but History moves as well so that the maidservant couldn't see.