2.4: The Nightmare Begins

I was fast asleep when I was awakened by magic

I was fast asleep when I was awakened by magic. But it wasn't Merlin and Noah was asleep there was only one person it could be.

I jump up from my bed and run out of my Chambers. I go straight to Morgana's and when I reach her Chambers I hear her scream and glass breaking. I run inside and find Morgana's curtain on fire as she sat scared on her bed.

I run over to her and when she sees me she jumps into my arms scared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I came back in with some extra blankets. There was a candle but I put it out." Gwen explains to Uther as Noah walks over and holds my hand.

"Are you sure." Uther asks making me look at him then Arthur who was next to me.

"I blew it out I swear." I turn back to Gwen and give her a look.

"Gwen's been Morgana's servant for years. If she said she blew it out, I believe her." Arthur says making me grab his hand and squeeze it as a thank you.

"I as well. Gwen is my friend and I know she would never forget to blow out a candle before bed." I say cutting into the conversation as Uther walks to the other side of the room.

Gwen gives us a small smile for sticking up for her which we return.

"She could've been burnt alive." Uther says looking up at the now burnt curtain.

"Lightning struck the castle roof last night, that could've started the fire." Arthur says from his spot next to me as he looks at the burnt curtain as well.

"Perhaps." Uther continues to look at the burnt curtain.

"What other explanation is there?" I ask walking over to Uther so I was right next to him.

"Someone started the fire deliberately." Uther says before he starts to walk out and I turn to Merlin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"How did they reach Morgana's chambers unchallenged?" Uther asks as me, him, and Arthur walk down the courtyard corridor. Noah was in Arthur's arms as Arthur carried Noah.

"I don't know. There are too many guards. It shouldn't be possible." Arthur says with equal confusion as we continue to walk.

"And yet they managed to do so."

"I can't explain it."

"Well I can. They used magic. Arrest all those we have under suspicion."

"That's gonna take time." Uther stops suddenly and turns to us making us stop.

"My ward has been attacked. Time is something we do not have." Uther says before turning and walking away from us.

I grab Arthur's hand and lean up kissing his cheek before grabbing Noah.

"Don't worry I'm sure you'll figure it out you always do. That's just who you are. Now I'm going to talk to Morgana ill see you later." I tell him making him nod. he leans down and kisses Noah and I's heads before following Uther.