2.8 The Witchfinder

Noah could be seen running through the castle with his mother behind him

"Excuse me!" Noah yells as he ran past servants who move out of his way with a smile knowing exactly where he was going.

"Noah slow down!" History yells at the boy who ignores her and keeps running. Noah finally reaches his destination. Busting through a chamber door he finds the person he'd been looking for.

"ARTHUR!" Arthur turns to the boy running over to him and smiles.

"NOAH!" Arthur yells back while leaning over and picking up the boy so he didn't hit the man's legs. "Where's your mother at?"

History walks into Arthur's chamber causing the boy and man to look over at her slightly annoyed face.

"Noah, what have I told you about slowing down? You bumped into a servant and I had to help her pick up the clothes she dropped." History says walking over to the two as Noah puts his head down.

"I am sorry." Noah says with his head still down as History finally reaches him.

"It is okay. I know that you like to run and see Arthur every morning but make sure that you are looking at where you run." Noah nods with his head still down and a sad look on his face.

"Don't look sad Noah she is just reminding you." Arthur says to Noah who nods and wraps his tiny arms around Arthur's neck hugging him.

"Good morning." History turns to Arthur and the man smiles widely at the woman.

"Good morning." Arthur leans down while History leans up and the two kiss while Noah turns his head with disgust on his face. History quickly breaks away making Arthur give her a look. "What's wrong?"

Arthur looks at History while Noah quickly turns to her and they watch as her eyes flash.

"Someone is using magic." History says not knowing that it was her brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone was gathered in the Throne Room because a woman said she saw magic being used. History was in Arthur's chair as usual with him behind her and Noah in her lap. Uther was standing while Morgana sat in her chair. The Princess was throwing angry looks at her brother who was the one that had used magic.

"It was sorcery you saw, you're certain of it?" Uther asks the woman who looked visibly shaken.

"Yes, Sire." The woman says as Gaius and History secretly share a look.

"And you swear this before your King?"

"I swear it."

"Perhaps your eyes deceived you, a trick of the light." Arthur says trying to think of any excuse and not wanting to believe that another sorcerer was in Camelot.

"The smoke was alive, I tell you. I feared for my life." Merlin makes a 'yeah right' face while History sends him a disappointed look.

"I thank you for bringing this to my attention. Your loyalty will not go unrewarded." Uther tells the woman as Arthur places his hands on History's shoulders.