8. The Beginning Of The End

"The Druid was only in Camelot to collect supplies. He meant no harm is it really necessary to execute him?" Arthur asks as we stand in the Council Chambers Noah is in between me and Arthur. Uther stands leaning over the table a bit writing something down.

"Absolutely necessary those who use magic can not be tolerated." Uther tells him

"The Druids are a peaceful people." Uther looks at Arthur and picks up his cup.

"Given the chance, they would return magic to the kingdom." Uther says taking a drink then puts his cup down and starts to walk away. "They preach peace but conspire against me. We cannot appear weak."

"Showing mercy can be a sign of strength." Arthur tells him standing straighter and turning to face Uther. Uther stops walking and turns to me and Arthur.

"Our enemies will not see it that way. We have a responsibility to protect this kingdom. Executing the Druid will send out a message. Find the boy. Search every inch of the city." Uther says and walks away I look at Arthur and poke his stomach getting a smile. He throws an arm over my shoulders and we start to walk I put my hand out and Noah runs over grabbing it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uther, Arthur, me, and Noah walk out onto a balcony Noah's face is in my neck so he's not looking. Arthur puts a hand on my back I put my hand on his arm.

"People of Camelot, the man before you is guilty of using enchantments and magic. Under our law, the sentence for this crime is death. We're still searching for his accomplice. Anyone found harboring the boy is guilty of conspiracy and will be executed as a traitor. Let this serve as a warning to your people." Uther says I move closer to Arthur.

"You have let your fear of magic turn to hate. I pity you." The man says

'I wish I could help him.' I thought the man looks at me and my eyebrows furrowed.

'Take Mordred back to our people please.' How did he... I didn't know what to do so I nod letting him know I would try he smiles one you can barely see.

'How can you hear me?' I ask

'Seems your a telepathic.' He says the King raises his arm they sit his head on a log. 'Tell Mordred I love hi-' he gets cut off by the King putting his arm down and his head gets cut off. I turn and put my face in Arthur's shoulder keeping a hand on Noah's head so he doesn't turn and see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Do you know much about the Druids?" Merlin asks from his seat as we sit in Gaius's chambers I know I have my own but Noah and I like being here. I sit next to Noah who's drawing on a piece of parchment.

"Very little. They're very secretive people. Especially now they're being hunted by Uther." Gaius stops what he's doing and quickly looks at Merlin. "Merlin, please tell me you haven't got yourself mixed up in this."

"Me? No mixed up in what?" Merlin says clearly lying to Gaius.

"For someone with such a big secret, you are a terrible liar." Gaius says walking closer to Merlin and I chuckle at what Gaius says.

"Well, I haven't done anything." Merlin says trying to be convincing but I see right through him.

"Merlin." I say giving him a stern look Gaius does the same.

"I heard the boy calling out." Merlin says looking at both me and Gaius. Gaius slowly walks closer to Merlin as he speaks. "He was nowhere to be seen but I could hear him. Like he was inside my mind."

"Yes, I've heard of this ability. The Druids look for children with such gifts to serve as apprentices. While they're searching for this boy, you two must be especially careful otherwise it'll be your heads on the chopping block." Gaius says