11. The Labyrinth of Gedref

Ever since I died Merlin and Arthur's been by my side. They don't want me around anything that could get me hurt. Which is why I'm laying in bed asleep while they go on a hunt. I was asleep when all of the sudden I'm in a forest. I hear a noise and turn walking toward it I come across a beautiful unicorn and Merlin. Why was Merlin in my dream he was looking at something?

"Arthur no!" Suddenly an arrow hits the unicorn and I run over.

My eyes open and I'm on Merlin's bed breathing heavily and sweating. I jump up off the bed and walk out of the room I see Gaius doing his normal duties.

"History. Are you ok your extremely pale and sweaty?" Gaius asks me looking at me with a concerned look.

"Yeah, I just. I had a bad dream." I tell him walking over and standing by him Noah sat on the other side of Gaius.

"What was it?"

"Well first it was nothing but then I was in the forest. And I heard something so I followed the noise and I found a unicorn and Merlin. Merlin was looking off into the distance and he yelled 'Arthur no.' An arrow shot the unicorn I ran toward it but I just woke up and it felt so real. It's nothing just really strange."

"Yes that is very strange."

"Anyway need any help?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Father! A unicorn's horn to grace the walls of Camelot." Arthur announces as he walks into the Council Chambers. I was standing by Uther as we stood around a table with different men. We all talked while Noah was next to me he knew when it was times like this to be quiet. And he was Noah was a really good kid when I hear Arthur say unicorn and horn. I froze not looking his way but I do look at Gaius and he looks at me.

"Magnificent. It's the first one I've seen." Uther says I hear him leave my side and walk in a different direction my guess is toward Arthur. "Gaius, History, look at this." Me and Gaius look over and see the horn a pain in my heart and fear ran through my veins it couldn't be a coincidence. I have a dream of Arthur killing a unicorn and he brings a unicorn's horn back from his hunt. Definitely not a coincidence.

"It is very impressive, My Lord." Gaius says a bit reluctantly.

"What is it, Gaius? Speak your mind."

"Unicorns are rare and mystical creatures. There is a legend that says that bad fortune will come to anyone who slays one." Gaius says and Arthur scuffs and looks at me and smiles but I look at Merlin.

"Nonsense. We will be the envy of every kingdom." Uther says patting Arthur's shoulder as Arthur just smiles.

"I'm pleased you like it." Arthur says with a nod and Uther leaves I pick Noah up and leave quickly not wanting to be that close to the unicorn horn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I don't understand how Arthur can have taken any pleasure from killing the unicorn." Merlin tells us as we walk in the main square.

"Arthur is a hunter. It's in his blood. Whereas you are something entirely different." Gaius says

"It was the most beautiful creature I have ever seen. I wish you'd been there." Merlin says as we stop walking.

"It's a rare privilege. Alas, there are few unicorns still alive."

"You try telling that to Arthur."

"I can imagine it would be difficult." Gaius says walking away as me and Merlin walk in a different direction. Noah was in Merlin's arms his head laying on Merlin's shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"My horse threw a shoe. Take it to the blacksmith. Make sure he does a good job. And when you've done that, you can polish my s..." Arthur says sitting in a chair in his Chambers he turns his upper body to look at Merlin who's looking out the window. I sat next to Arthur Noah was in my lap playing with my hair. "...saddle. Merlin?" Merlin quickly turns and looks at Arthur. "Have you listened to a word I've said? You've got a face like a wounded bear ever since we got back from that hunting trip. Don't tell me you're still upset about the unicorn." Arthur says standing up I stand placing Noah on his feet as he eats a grape Arthur gave him. I walk over to Merlin and stand by him.