6. A Remedy to Cure All Ills

"Is she any better?" Gwen asks Gaius and he shakes his head. Morgana fell asleep and hasn't woken Gaius is trying to figure out what's wrong with her.

Gwen runs past Gaius and upstairs to Morgana's room Gaius walks over to me and Merlin.

"She's all but dead Merlin and History." He tells up

"No your gonna cure her you have to." Merlin tells Gaius

"Don't you start. I've tried everything."

"I was wondering."

"What?"

"Maybe I could." We see a guard passes by and Merlin clears his throat making sure he's gone. "Help." I slap his arm and he looks at me I shake my head. It ended very badly the last time he 'helped' someone.

"If you are suggesting magic. Have you forgotten what happened with Gwen's father? This is not a magical illness it must be cured by conventional means. We keep trying. See if you can find me some fresh rosemary."

"There must be something more I can do."

"And yarrow." I walk away going back to Gaius's chambers I don't like leaving Noah alone even if he was asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's gonna be alright. It is I know it is. She's gonna be absolutely-" Merlin says pacing in Arthur's chambers as I sit next to Arthur who starts to twist the ring. Noah fell asleep not long ago so he's in my lap.

"Merlin." Arthur says

"What?" He asks stopping and looking at Arthur.

"You're making me anxious." I chuckle at the two of them and grab Arthur's hand and start to twist the ring myself.

"But I'm not worried." With that, he starts to pace again.

"Then stop pacing." I laugh but try to be quiet so Noah can get some sleep.

"Come on Arthur calm down." I tell him running my fingers through his hair I turn to Merlin who stopped. "He's right you are making me nervous by pacing so please stop.

He looks at us and sits down at the table and starts to tap his fingers on the table. Arthur stands and starts to pace I stand up and lay Noah on Arthur's bed. I walk over to Merlin and glare at him and he stops and I smile at him. I walk over to Arthur and stop him by placing my hands on his shoulders. "Hey calm down ok don't pay any attention to Merlin." I tell Arthur pulling him into a hug and start to run my fingers through his hair again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I can not preserve her life for much longer she has hours maybe less." Gaius says as we stand by Morgana's bed in her chambers Noah sits on the floor waiting.

"We can not let her die!" Arthur says I walk over to him wrapping my arms around his waist he quickly wraps his arms around me looking for any comfort.

"Arthur, please." The King says sitting at the foot of the bed. Arthur taps my shoulder and I let go.

He walks over to his father and Gaius and pulls me along with him. "There's a man." He says standing by both of them then pulling me back into his arms I wrap my arms around his waist again. "He came to the castle yesterday he claims he can cure her."

"That's ridiculous he doesn't know what's wrong with her."

"He says he has a remedy to cure all ills."

"Impossible." Gaius says

"But for Morgana's sake surly we should at least hear him out I mean. What have we got to lose? Please father"