13. Le Morte d'Arthur

"Merlin, spear." Arthur says putting his hand out as we were currently walking around in the forest looking for some beast. Merlin goes to hand it to Arthur but drops it on him instead I smile holding in my laugh. Arthur angrily picks up the spear and holds it. "Do you have any natural gifts, Merlin?"

"No. Well, let me think. I'm not naturally rude or insensitive." Merlin says and I chuckle quietly as I look over at Arthur and nod.

"Just naturally irritating." Arthur says and quietly stands up from his crouching position.

"And your not?" I question Arthur and he just rolls his eyes I lean up and smack his head. He stops and takes a breath before he starts walking. We all stop when we hear something growl I hear Merlin let out a shaky breath.

Arthur looks behind him at Merlin and let's out a sigh.

"It's probably more scared of you than you are of it." Arthur tells Merlin then Arthur tells some of his men to go one way and the rest to go the other way. Before any of his men could even leave the beast comes out of nowhere and hisses/growls at us. We all take a step back and then Arthur grabs my hand and we all run. Me and Arthur turn only to see Merlin fall I let go of Arthur's hand and run over to Merlin. I help Sir Bedivere pull Merlin up then I grab Merlin's hand and we keep running. Soon Merlin and I catch up and we all stop and look around. Arthur grabs me and pulls me close to him in case anything happened.

"Have we lost it?" Merlin asks looking around

"Who's missing?" Arthur asks

"Where's Sir Bedivere?" Merlin asks and I look around confused because he just helped me.

"He just helped me pull Merlin up." I say looking at Merlin chills run up my spine when I hear Sir Bedivere scream as a growl follows behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The creature you describe has all the characteristics of the Questing Beast." Gaius says as we stand in the Council Chambers I was between Uther and Arthur.

"Surely that's a myth." Arthur says looking at Gaius and I lightly slap Arthur's arm.

"According to the old books, the appearance of the Questing Beast is supposed to foreshadow a time of great upheaval."

"Gaius, it's an old wives' tale." Uther says

"Look, whatever it is, it's spreading panic. The people fear it will enter the city." Arthur says

"Then we must kill it. Arthur, gather the guard together. You ride at dawn." Uther says and suddenly I get that bad feeling I get when bad things happen. Everyone leaves other than Me, Uther, and Gaius.

"I beg you, Sire, do not dismiss this. The beast is an omen. I've seen it come before, the night your wife Ygraine passed away." Gaius says I knew it was a bad idea for Gaius to bring her up as I see Uther's head snaps up as he looks at Gaius.

"I've told you not to speak of that night again. I have conquered the Old Religion. It's warnings mean nothing to me now. Arthur will destroy the beast and we will no longer suffer at its hand." Uther says then he walks away Gaius and I look at each other and I walk over to him.

"I have that bad feeling I get when something bad happens something really bad." I tell Gaius

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"This is no ordinary beast, History and Merlin." Gaius says walking over to Merlin and I as Noah sat at the table drawing we all were in Gaius's Chambers.

"Don't worry." Merlin says looking at the sword that was in his hands.

"No, listen to me, you don't understand. Uther may not respect the Old Religion, but it is very real. To face a beast such as this, you must understand where it came from." Gaius says reaching Merlin and I and showing us a book that's in his hand.