4. The Poisoned Chalice

A/N: This is the dress she will wear for the feast just imagine it's red and gold^^

Nimueh drops some of her blood into a stone basin before saying a spell as she mixed the blood and water together with her cut finger.

The sorceress drops a flower petal in the water before stirring one last time then Merlin could be seen in the basin. She watches Merlin in the water while picking up the goblet and flower. She put the petal inside the goblet before holding it up and looking at it with an evil smile.

"Merlin." Nimueh said as she continued to stare at the goblet with an evil look.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bayard and his men arrive in Camelot, they meet Uther and his men halfway in the Throne Room.

"Camelot welcomes you, Lord Bayard of Mercia. The treaty we sign today marks an end to war and a beginning to a new friendship between our people." Uther said as Nimueh looks over at the magic siblings who were paying close attention to the kings.

Uther and Bayard grasp arms causing both parties to applaud while Nimueh stares the magic siblings down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merlin passes Gaius while carrying a heavy bag down the upper corridor.

"Why do I always get landed with the donkey work?" Merlin asks making the older man stop and turn to the sorcerer.

"You're a servant, Merlin. It's what you do." The older man replied making the servant stop as well and turn to the man behind him.

"My arms will be a foot longer by the time I get this lot inside."

"It's character building. As the old proverb says, hard work breeds..." The physician stops making the servant tilt his head as Nimueh could be seen walking over to the two. "A harder soul."

"There is no way that's a proverb. You just made that up." Merlin shook his head as Nimueh gets closer and was now next to the physician as she stared down the servant.

"No. I didn't." Gaius looked at the young man with furrowed eyebrows but the two look down when Nimueh fakes a fall right in front of Merlin.

"Sorry." Nimueh said gathering the things that she had dropped.

"It's alright." Merlin said looking at the woman in front of him before looking at Gaius.

"Excuse me." The physician looks at the manservant and the two share a look.

"Let me give you a hand with that." Merlin tilted his head before crouching in front of the woman and helping her collect the dropped items. He catches her eye and the two stood up while staring at each other. "Hi. I'm Merlin."

The man stuck his hand out toward the woman who took it then the two shook hands as Gaius watches the two with a tilted head ready to tell History everything.