2.2: The Once and Future Queen

Today Merlin, Noah, and I were at the Tournament Grounds watching Arthur joust

Today Merlin, Noah, and I were at the Tournament Grounds watching Arthur joust. He was training for the real tournament. He wanted me and Noah here only to cheer him on.

Arthur was going against another knight. Arthur's lance hits the man and it breaks knocking the man off his horse.

"That has got to hurt." Merlin says taking the broken lance while looking at the man.

"That's the point, Merlin. It's not a pillow fight. Fetch me another lance, will you?" Arthur says turning his horse around as Merlin gets the lance. This time Arthur was going against Sir Leon.

They start to ride toward each other lances pointed at one another.

The sun reflects off of Leon's armour and blinds Arthur. Sir Leon rides passed Arthur not hitting him with his lance. Arthur gets off his horse and takes his helmet off turning to look at Leon.

"Why did you pull out, I was wide open? You could have unhorsed me." Arthur says walking toward Sir Leon as Leon turns to look at Arthur.

"I was fearful that I might injure you, Sire." Sir Leon tells Arthur trying to defend his actions.

"You had the advantage. You can't afford to hesitate."

"I wouldn't have done if I were facing a different opponent. You are the future King, My Lord."

"You jousted against me in the tournament last year. Are you saying you let me win?" Arthur asks taking a few more steps toward Sir Leon. Noah and I slowly walk over worried that what Leon says next may set Arthur off.

"No, My Lord." Sir Leon says hesitantly and my eyes widened. Oh no! Arthur slowly turns to look at the rest of the knights behind him.

"It doesn't matter who I am! I do not expect any special treatment from you, from any of you! Is that understood?" Arthur yells and everyone nods as Noah and I reach Arthur. Arthur gives Sir Leon one last look before turning and bumping into me.

"Hey calm down they were just worried is all. Come on let's talk in private." I say grabbing Arthur's hand and pulling him away. We get to a more private area and I look at Arthur.

"I need to get to my Chambers." Arthur says as Noah and I smile shaking our heads.

"No, you need to calm down because my brother is your servant. When you are angry you tend to yell and be rude to him." Suddenly an idea popped into my head. A few days ago Noah and I were in our Chambers talking. Noah had the idea to act like Arthur when he yells at Merlin. It was hilarious watching Noah yell Merlin's name like Arthur does. "How about Noah gives an example of how you act."

I turn my head and look at Noah who smiles and then nods. He gets ready and makes an angry face while looking at us.

"MERLIN! You don't know how to do anything do you? It is the easiest job in the world you idiot." Noah says acting like Arthur would. I turn and look at Arthur who started laughing.