5. Lancelot

Merlin crouches in the forest while setting his basket on dead fallen leaves

Merlin crouches in the forest while setting his basket on dead fallen leaves. He picks a mushroom and holds it up before looking at it closely. He puts the mushroom in his basket and does the process again before turning his head when he hears screeching. The sorcerer quickly stands in fear as a winged creature charges at him. It screeches slowly getting closer causing Merlin to turn around and run away leaving his basket seeing as he was in a hurry.

After running for a minute Merlin falls on his stomach, turns, and quickly backs away then he closes his eyes and waits for a deadly blow as it towers over him. A man comes from nowhere and yells swinging his sword at the creature that continues screeching while backing away. Merlin sits up and watches in shock as the man tries to protect him.

The man swings his sword hitting the creature but his sword breaks instead of doing harm.

"Run!" The man yells turning around before running toward Merlin who begins to stand. "Run!"

The man grabs Merlin's right arm pulling him fully up before the two run from the creature. It goes to stomp on the two men who barely miss its sharp talons. They continue to run before finding a fallen tree on the pathway. They jump over it before hiding behind it as the creature misses them and flies away.

The two sat out of breath while the man placed his left hand over a spot of blood on his lower stomach and Merlin watched the flying creature.

"It's gone." Merlin whispered then looked at the man next to him both of them still breathing heavily. "You saved my life." The sorcerer sticks his left hand out toward the man who had looked at him. "I'm Merlin.

"Lancelot." The man replied placing his right hand in Merlin's left one then the two shook hands.

Lancelot lays his head on the fallen tree before his body goes limp. The younger sibling looks at the man in worry before the injury comes into his view making him more concerned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sir Ewan walks past the Council Chambers and then almost falls face-first when a body collides with his back.

"Hello, brother Ewan." History said with a smile tightening her grip on him. She didn't have her legs wrapped around him considering she was wearing a dress. "Have you seen Merlin?"

"I saw him go in the forest a while ago." Ewan replied turning his head to look at the woman who was halfway lached onto his back.

"Well, I guess I'll check Gaius's chambers." The knight stood still waiting for the woman to get off his back but she didn't. "Come on!"

Ewan sighed in defeat before jumping and pulling the woman higher then he continued walking. History waves at a chuckling Morgana whom they pass.

The two eventually reach the chambers causing the older sibling to jump off the Knight's back. She gives him a smile before opening the door while he playfully rolls his eyes.