9. Excalibur

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of this Kingdom and its domains according to the statutes, customs, and laws laid down by your forebears?" The King asks Arthur whos kneeling in front of him in the hall of ceremonies.

"I do Sire." Arthur replies I smile from my spot Noah on my hip.

"Do you promise to exercise mercy and justice in your deeds and judgments?"

"I do Sire."

"And do you swear allegiance to Camelot, now and for as long as you shall live?" Uther asks placing something in front of him I couldn't quite see but Arthur wraps a hand around it.

"I, Arthur Pendragon, do pledge life and limb to your service and to the protection of the Kingdom and its people." Uther lets go and takes a crown and holds it in his hand.

"Now being of age and heir apparent, from henceforth, you shall be Crown Prince of Camelot." Uther says placing the crown on Arthur's head and everyone claps for him. He stands and faces the crowd as they clap for him. A black horse jumps through the window someone is on top of the horse. All the knights pull their swords out ready to fight and I hold Noah closer.

"What in the devil's name." I hear Uther say and the horse walks over and stands in front of the knights. The black knight then throws a gauntlet down onto the floor. Arthur places his sword back in it's place and goes to pick it up but Sir Owain picks up the gauntlet.

"I Sir Owain accept your challenge." Sir Owain tells him

"Single combat. Noon tomorrow. To the death." The black knight says and with that the horse and man leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"He should have picked up the gauntlet." Arthur tells me, Morgana, and Gwen and stops pacing as we stand in Morgana's chambers. Noah was asleep so I was holding him.

"So put an end to it." Morgan says walking over and standing in front of Arthur.

"The challenge's been taken now the fight can not be stopped."

"Then fight in his place."

"He can't." I tell Morgana walking over to them from my spot by Gwen. I stand by Arthur and pull him into a side hug.

"Why not?" Morgana asks

"Owain picked up the gauntlet. Owain is the one who must fight. That's the knight's code."

"He knew that." Arthur adds in

"But it's a fight to the death." Morgana says

"I know." Arthur says and we leave Morgana's chambers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was on my way to see Sir Owain to give him something and Noah was beside me talking my ear off. Soon we reach the door and I knock and then open it I walk over and curtsy to Owain. I see both Merlin and Arthur I smile at them and then at Owain.

"Morgana asked me to give you this token. She wishes you to wear it for luck." I tell him holding up the 'token' he reaches forward and gently grabs it.

"You can thank her. And tell her I shall wear it with pride. But I won't need luck." Owain says and I narrow my eyes at him.

"I shall tell her." I say and turn about to walk out but I turn back. "And Sir Owain with that pride and ignorance I really hope you have luck on your side." I turn and walk out leaving Owain's chambers Noah following close behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk around trying to find Arthur and I soon find him I look at Noah who's beside me. I kneel in front of him and he looks at me confused.