Chapter 12: Suspicions at the Sato Estate

For a week, every time you turned on the radio, it would be filled with news and updates on the pro-bending arena incident. Some were offering a play by play of each minute that led up to Amon's arrival, some spoke of the damages, the cost of damages, how the damages looked the next day, the repairs, the arena's closing, blah, blah, blah.

To add even more to the drama, the council held a news conference to answer questions and report on what their agenda would be now that Amon had seemed to make a formal declaration of war. Tarrlok notably spoke of Lin Beifong's failure in stopping Amon, and that the law enforcement needed new leadership. Lin was under fire, and she needed a good redeeming story about the police force sooner than later.

But, aside from the newfound drama, the airbender family and Korra had other things on their hands. One that included new visitors.

One morning, Korra jolted me awake, rushing out my window and hopping onto Naga stationed right under my window.

"Come on!" She said, as I sat up on my elbows, "We've gotta go!"

"Do you think they'll get kidnapped if we don't grab them first?" I grumbled, sliding out of bed.

Korra ignored me, already grasping Naga's reigns, "Ten minutes and I'll leave you!"

"Fine, fine." I walked as quickly as I could to wash my face, run a brush through my hair, and change. Unable to find any sort of hair tie, I left it down, walking out of the house.

When we made it to the city, Korra and Naga bounced off to the arena, as I followed closely by, on my moped.

Hurry up!" Korra said for what seemed the tenth time as she jumped off Naga, making a mad dash for the yellow tape, ducking under it. I parked my moped near Naga, gave a sheepish wave to the security officer and followed Korra in.

"Won't this be great?" Korra asked, as we ascended the stairs. "Air Temple Island will definitely me more exciting with more people living there."

"Yea." I said, with a sigh, "Just what I needed. More people living at my house." Korra nudged me,

"Hey, your dad said it was fine."

"Yea, notice how I didn't have any say in it."

"But you love Mako and Bolin!" Korra said, as I scoffed,

"Enough to let them live with us? Dunno about that. Besides, we never asked them if they wanted to."

"It's a surprise for a reason," Korra said, running up the remaining flights of stairs. I suppressed a groan, dragging myself up step by step.

The Pro bending arena was being closed down, and Mako and Bolin had nowhere to stay. Last we had heard from them; they were still looking for a place. After a rather short talk with dad, he gave us the green light to invite them to stay at Air Temple Island. And least to say, Korra was ecstatic. I had a suspicion that her crush on Mako was still going strong.

"Guys!" Korra said, as she flung open the door to Mako and Bolin's attic room. "Great news, you don't have to go back on the streets! I talked to Tenzin and made all the arrangements. You can come live on Air Temple Island with me and Yuki"

Mako and Bolin exchanged looks as I poked my head through the door.

"Oh we'd love to, but..." Mako said as Bolin said,

"Asami already invited us to love in her dad's giant mansion!" I slowly nodded my head, gently nudging Korra. Already I could feel her disappointment. But Bolin was oblivious to her downturned eyes as he sighed, "From here on out, it's gonna be the lap of luxury for us."