Chapter 16: Finding Korra

There was a prickling in my head. Not the kind that begged for fire to be released, just an odd annoying feeling like something wasn't right. My suspicions seemed to be confirmed as I headed down to Oogi after speaking to Tarrlok with dad.

The man was lying.

I stopped in my tracks, reaching a hand to my head, pausing to cover my mouth with my hand.

"What do you mean?" I asked quietly. But like every good dragon spirit, Yume remained silent. "Are you serious right now?" I whispered angrily, "You're just going to leave me with that and expect me to figure it out?"

Silence.

I threw my hands up in the air. "Forget it." I turned around to see dad and the others approach. "All I can think of is that Tarrlok was lying. But even if that was the case, there's no solid proof."

"Proof?" Dad approached me, "Proof on what?"

I opened my mouth to reply but Mako cut me off, "Maybe we can talk about it on the way there." He said, "Let's not waste any more time, we need to find Korra."

"Sure," I said, climbing on Oogi. "I was just thinking-"

But Mako seemed distracted as he turned to Beifong to discuss the plan once we got to the place. Wherever that was. He hadn't told any of us the actual details, just that he'd lead the way.

"You know what, it's not important. Forget it." I grumbled, sitting away from everyone on Oogi's saddle.

~~~

We arrived ten minutes later at the location Mako specified. It was an alleyway, off of some random road.

"Um, how is this helpful?" I asked, as we arrived.

"Remember the time Bolin got captured?" Mako pointed down the alleyway, "The truck with him and the others took off down this alley."

Bolin raised his head, "Hm... this way kinda... smells familiar." He attempted to smell the air around us as Beifong knelt down to the ground. She slammed her heel into the ground, looking for anything underground with her seismic sense.

"There's a tunnel nearby." She said, already racing off.

We followed her, soon coming up to a metal gate. On the ground, leading to the gate were motorcycle tracks.

"She's not far then." I said, as Beifong metalbended the door out of the way.

We headed into the tunnel. Eventually we came across a split in the road with several more tunnels. Mako lit a flame in his hand. I did the same. Red and blue flames flickered against the walls.

"Let's try this way." He said, heading towards one of them.

"And what if Korra's not down there?" Asami asked.

Mako replied, rather annoyed, "Then we pick another one and find her!" Asami looked slightly hurt as Mako brushed past her. He didn't seem to care if we followed or not, but we did, trailing after his hurried footsteps.

I walked next to Asami in silence, keeping a slow pace.

"Is Mako alright?" Asami finally asked, "He seems really worried about Korra."