𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟲

"I said I WON'T bother you, not leave you

"I said I WON'T bother you, not leave you..." I made it more clear for her little brain to comprehend. She is bold I can say, she really is,and is stubborn very much. I felt bad at first to disturb someone as busy as she is in the middle of stressful paperwork but I was feeling too lonely to care. She stopped all her movements and stood there infront of me, looking into my eyes with insecurity. I guess she still thinks im an pedophile or whatever the outrage people call them. 

"Don't worry, I won't do anything like that little brain of yours imagine" I said giving her forehead a light push by my index finger " The most I could do is to talk while your working, thats all" I said looking down at her innocence filled eyes. 

Silence took place again as we both just stared at each others eyes. Observing ever so slight emotion the other could show through their physical appearance. Now that I see clearly, she looks alittle pretty for a feminine human. She doesn't have that overflowing amount of cosmetics most women have these days. Well thats probably because shes at home, but still...its her eyes I assume that gives me this not so familiar feeling. Behind those fiery eyes hides a flaming heart of weakness and sorrow. Mind reading might be Jakes psychic power and not mine, yet I can see through them and can't help but to see.....me in them. It made me realize how we have one thing in common. Our different personalities  inside and out. Their both alike...

Not soon was our eye contact came to an end with a sigh. Which I guess is she gives in meaning I won. "FINE" She said with a groan and I made my way to one of the guest chairs placed right infront of her table. "BUT" She continued her speech with an unexpected aftermath.

"PLEASE don't disturb me..." She said taking her laptop to her seat and opened it,covering her eye level with it.

"Sure" I said getting more relaxed. I closed my eyes and steadied my breathing, the sound of typing keys and breathing only being in the way on pin drop silence. Gusts of wind roll by outside the house, accompanied with rustling noises of trees.

'Shes still nervous...but not because of me' I thought as I censored her heartbeat. Shes scared of something. Her hands are starting to tremble, her eyes withering with tiredness, shes trying to stay calm but shes panicking inside.

"Something wrong darling?" I said opening my eyes, wanting to get the old annoying her out. Now that I think of it,she didn't protest against the way I called her.

"Uh no" She said making it sound casual and stood up walking to one of the book shelves, picking a file or two going through them.

'Of course she's lying' Why would she tell the guy who intruded her own house and forced her to let him stay."I know Im no one to ask,and I really don't care but seeing you act in a different manner" I walked towards her direction and leaned on the book case observing her " It kind of concerns me"

"What do you mean? I told you its nothing...Now stop disturbing me or leave" She said not sparing a glance at me. 'That's new,her tones different from how she talked before' I made my point mentally.

"Ok,also is there anything to eat around here sweetheart?" I said testing if she notices my choice of words."Um theres coke in the fridge if you want" As expected, she didn't say a word about how I call her. I pulled the file she was holding to make her look at me.

"Hey what wrong with yo-""Its not me,its you..." I cut her off before she could complete her words.

"I told yo-" this time I didn't say anything and locked our eyes, not in a usual way but made her hear my voice inside her mind. Not letting her say anything she wishes to. I made her not to move from her current state. After shes calmed down, I started to speak slowly to her.

"I want you to tell me whats bothering you, because it's not helping me to stay relaxed at all" I said honestly. Its true that I feel bothered myself, she acted alot different the first day we met. Its only been a day or two after our first encounter. I came here to get my head straight and not to be more irritated than I am with everything else.

Within the next second,I let go of control and she blinked her eyes processing what just happened."Wait what di-" She started once again with the questions I did not asked for."Answer me first" I simply made her stop with three words. won't use my powers on her just this soon, besides it drains too much energy off me when its not a full moon.

She tched not wanting to let anything out. 'Shes secretive...did I ask something wrong?' This time I let out a sigh and spoke once again in a soft tone.

"Look...I told you,its disturbing ME by seeing the annoying clumsy girl I met at the sidewalk acting all tensed up and panicked" I said taking a step towards her "Just tell me whats wrong and...." Her facial expressions got softer with every word I said. Now those eyes that once were standing up for their selves are one small step closer to surrendering.

".....I could Help....."

To be continued🌃

Published: 18/10/23
Re-edited: 31/07/23