𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝟯

As heartbroken as Heeseung and Yoojin were—stuck in a place they didn't want to be—they had no other choice but to let time take the pain away,slowly making them immune to the hurt in their past and letting it become a forgotten memory

Hour upon hour,day by day,week after week, and month after month,life still went on the same way it used to. Lee Corp. built back its reputation and was gradually getting back to the state it was in. Heeseung was back to collecting debts. He used to look forward to finishing business and getting back to binge-watching something with Yoojin,but now that she is gone, he doesn't have anything to be excited for. Except for the people he always considered as family,who was always there for him through thick and thin but the place she held in his heart could never be changed nor replaced. After her disappearance,only one thing brought her happiness, and that was when his mom woke up. After centuries of being in a coma, she finally woke up but her identity wasn't talked a lot as of her own requestto not gain much attention.

He was relieved of her mother's presence and decided to keep her cheerful about everything. He hid every detail about what he had gone through and faked his happiness for her to feel blithesome when he was truly hollow from the inside.

On the other side,Yoojin was living with Hyunjin and was free of paper work on Hyunjin's request to her father. He took on the burden of completing them instead of Yoojin, considering the state she is in.

At least until she gets over it. Hyunjin reviewed the moment he talked to Yoojin's father over the phone, asking about the matter, to which he eventually gave in, not having a choice.

Both souls were used to having a soft smile on their faces, especially when they were together, and now all they have is a dull and empty emotion on their faces. There were moments when they were laughing or smiling with enjoyment, but it didn't feel content. It didn't feel like it was true because something they cherished was ripped apart.

↢ ❦ ↣

A warm, breezy evening on Jeju Island was around Yoojin as she swang the bag of Pepsi in her hands out of bordem. She shifted brands because those red cans reminded her of their first encounter, and she didn't want tears to swell up in her eyes every time she bought a Coke.

Yoojin looked to her side to witness the seashore a few feet away from the street she was walking on. It was a pretty sight to see as the evening sky left a beautiful contract of yellow and orange while the sea underneath painted itself a shade between green and blue.

Instead of stopping by to admire the view and smile,she sighed, focusing her gaze on the ground. She was still angry at herself for breaking the promise she made herself of not coming to Jeju Island; nevertheless, here she is. She was dragged here by Hyunjin as he had things to take care of on behalf of Mr.Han. She refused many times, not wanting to step onto the island even for a second, but Hyunjin convinced her with how she'd be able to 'experience' a lot of nice things, including a change in environment and just relax.